Who is attacking whom?

User Forum Topic
Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 12:13pm

Iran is about to attack us...: Who's about to attack whom? Add in the sanctions that are an act of war...

Submitted by Allan from Fallbrook on January 24, 2012 - 12:29pm.

Markmax: Who is attacking "whom".

That said, if you think the US Navy is even remotely worried about the Iranian navy, you're sorely mistaken. Trust me, the US Navy and USAF have that entire area dialed in, targeting-wise. If the Iranians decide to get stupid, they're gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree. And they won't like that because Muslims HATE Christmas.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 1:50pm.

Allan from Fallbrook wrote:
Markmax: Who is attacking "whom".

That said, if you think the US Navy is even remotely worried about the Iranian navy, you're sorely mistaken. Trust me, the US Navy and USAF have that entire area dialed in, targeting-wise. If the Iranians decide to get stupid, they're gonna get lit up like a Christmas tree. And they won't like that because Muslims HATE Christmas.

This is exactly my point. Iran is not a threat to us. Why are we are we putting on a million sanctions on them and trying to provoke war with a defenseless country? There are probably 1000 Nucs aimed at Iran right now. Israel has a missle defense system. What kind of sense does it make to get so worked up about these guys? They can barely control their own population. If you realized that the Iranian GOV controls the population because they point at the US as a threat, and we continue threatening them, we would stop. The youth would immediately uprise against the GOV because they lost the power of fear. The youth of Iran already hate the GOV because of the unemployment rate and huge income disparity.

Of course the NEOCONs are going to come on here and say look at the threat of Iran, they want to blow Israel off the map. It makes no sense at all.

Submitted by harvey on January 24, 2012 - 1:54pm.

Allan from Fallbrook wrote:
That said, if you think the US Navy is even remotely worried about the Iranian navy [...]

I don't think that's the point mm33 is trying to make with his map.

This spells it out more clearly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKfuS6gfxPY

I'm certainly not a Ron Paul supporter, but I think the video makes a powerful point.

Quote:
If the Iranians decide to get stupid [...]

Perhaps you meant to say:

"If the US decides there needs to be an 'incident' that 'gives us no choice' but to 'defend Americans' (and American interests) ..."

Remember the Maine!

(and the Maddox, and Saddam's WMDs, ...)

Submitted by sdrealtor on January 24, 2012 - 1:58pm.

Why is MM allowed to peddle his political nonsense on this blog without a single contribution to anything housing related. This isnt a political blog or a general economics blog. Its a San Diego housing blog? Arent there plenty of political blogs for him and his noise?

This isnt about censure. Its about a lack of relevance to our primary focus that we seem to be getting more and more distracted from every day.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 2:05pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
Why is MM allowed to peddle his political nonsense on this blog without a single contribution to anything housing related. This isnt a political blog or a general economics blog. Its a San Diego housing blog? Arent there plenty of political blogs for him and his noise?

This isnt about censure. Its about a lack of relevance to our primary focus that we seem to be getting more and more distracted from every day.

Last time I checked this was a "San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis" not a "real estate sales" blog. I'd say something that effects the nation's economy is much more appicable to the local housing economy than realtor's opinions on the housing market.

If you think Nation building doesn't affect our economy here at home you have a lot to learn my friend. Our debt levels in housing and war are financed through the Federal Reserve. This is 100% economy related. Read Rich's latest article:

http://www.pcasd.com/united_states_heade...

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 2:16pm.

markmax33 wrote:
sdrealtor wrote:
Why is MM allowed to peddle his political nonsense on this blog without a single contribution to anything housing related. This isnt a political blog or a general economics blog. Its a San Diego housing blog? Arent there plenty of political blogs for him and his noise?

This isnt about censure. Its about a lack of relevance to our primary focus that we seem to be getting more and more distracted from every day.

Last time I checked this was a "San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis" not a "real estate sales" blog. I'd say something that effects the nation's economy is much more appicable to the local housing economy than realtor's opinions on the housing market.

If you think Nation building doesn't affect our economy here at home you have a lot to learn my friend. Our debt levels in housing and war are financed through the Federal Reserve. This is 100% economy related. Read Rich's latest article:

http://www.pcasd.com/united_states_headed_for_its_own_debt_crisis

Dude, you're sounding like a politician, the ones you say you hate... Introduce you're own completely unrelated topic, and when questioned about how it's relevant to the current discussion, tie in 0.0000001% to something remotely close to the topic...Kinda like how politicians debate, as we have seen lately....

You've been kinda quite about Ron Paul lately...What gives?

Submitted by sdrealtor on January 24, 2012 - 2:20pm.

This is not and never has been a real estate sales blog. Its not a political blog either which is all you bring. The weather affects the housing market, seismic activity in CA can affect the housing market and so do lots of other things but that is not what this blog is all about. It is about following local housing market news and analysis. Hell, who wins the Super Bowl could affect the housing market as well as the Aztecs Basketball program but again we dont discuss those things every day ad nasuem either.

Submitted by harvey on January 24, 2012 - 2:22pm.

It's Rich's blog.

That's all that matters.

Submitted by sdduuuude on January 24, 2012 - 2:25pm.

I have a new acronym: GYOFB

Can you guys guess what it means ?

sdr will buy the winner a decent bottle of wine ...

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 2:27pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
This is not and never has been a real estate sales blog. Its not a political blog either which is all you bring. The weather affects the housing market, seismic activity in CA can affect the housing market and so do lots of other things but that is not what this blog is all about. It is about following local housing market news and analysis. Hell, who wins the Super Bowl could affect the housing market as well as the Aztecs Basketball program but again we dont discuss those things every day ad nasuem either.

When the author of the blog writes an article about our nation's debt levels and we explore a topic that is dramatically expanding the debt levels, I don't know how that's a reach. Why wouldn't we naturally expand the topic of debt levels to see where the money is going?

You are correct I am attacking one of the reasons why we have such high debt levels. It isn't political it is fact. Only a NEOCON trying to protect the expansionist foreign policy and the ever expanding military industrial complex would see this as political.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 2:29pm.

sdduuuude wrote:
I have a new acronym: GYOFB

Can you guys guess what it means ?

sdr will buy the winner a decent bottle of wine ...

Get your own f*cking blog. Keep your wine, expand your mind.

Submitted by NotCranky on January 24, 2012 - 2:33pm.

Markmax wins again!

Submitted by briansd1 on January 24, 2012 - 2:35pm.

Iran is not a threat to us, not by a long shot.

But Iran has regional power aspirations. Unfortunately, we screwed-up in Iraq; and our screw-up enabled Iran beyond their wildest dream. That's the stuff of serendipity.

So now, we are at covert war with Iran trying to put the genie back in the bottle. But it's too late, IMO.

The National Iranian American Council has good writings on the topic.
http://www.niacouncil.org/site/PageServe...

Diplomacy and commercial ties are the only productive ways to deal with Iran. More commerce with the West will cause Iran to open up more.

The cost of peace might be to have a nuclear armed Iran.... That's worrisome to Israel whose survival is already demographically at stake. But we need to worry about America's interest first.

I agree with Ron Paul. We need to scale down the military.

Submitted by sdrealtor on January 24, 2012 - 2:36pm.

We all have plenty of places to discuss the economy and the debt levels. Most and probably all of this read numerous other blogs. We come here for SD real estate and it annoys me that we are losing that focus. We can all find the political and economic stuff numerous other places on the Internet. Nothing about that is unique. What is unique about this site is its focus on a micro market that you cant find any where else. You are taking away from us and it sucks. You suck.

Submitted by harvey on January 24, 2012 - 2:39pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
We all have plenty of places to discuss the economy and the debt levels.

But I want to discuss these things with you!

Nowhere else can I get the same cast of characters.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 2:39pm.

From Rich's article:

"Importantly, our public debt to GDP ratio of 100% is comfortably past the level at which economic growth typically starts to suffer as a result of the debt - an ominous sign that it will be much more difficult to "grow our way out of it" than many seem to expect."

Submitted by Allan from Fallbrook on January 24, 2012 - 2:39pm.

pri_dk wrote:

Perhaps you meant to say:

"If the US decides there needs to be an 'incident' that 'gives us no choice' but to 'defend Americans' (and American interests) ..."

Remember the Maine!

(and the Maddox, and Saddam's WMDs, ...)

Pri: I don't doubt that there is a "Tonkin Gulf" moment in here somewhere, but I'm actually hopeful that this administration WON'T go for a knee-jerk, jingoistic response, since that's EXACTLY what the Iranian government is hoping for.

Yes, I agree that the Iranian populace is literate, well-educated, Pro-US and opposed to their own leadership, but as Syria shows, not all popular uprisings are going to succeed. There is an element of brinksmanship here and sometimes events move more quickly than our ability to control them. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 2:59pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
We all have plenty of places to discuss the economy and the debt levels. Most and probably all of this read numerous other blogs. We come here for SD real estate and it annoys me that we are losing that focus. We can all find the political and economic stuff numerous other places on the Internet. Nothing about that is unique. What is unique about this site is its focus on a micro market that you cant find any where else. You are taking away from us and it sucks. You suck.

I guess you don't like the owner's blog articles then. I think you might be the one displaced. I come here for the economic data and I try to look at trends. I worry about the nation's economy because clearly all real estate is not local, as real estate agent would have you believe. Clearly we have a national housing bubble being affected on a national level. The local statistics are nice but to understand the housing bubble and a recovery you have to look at the entire economy first and foremost.

I want to buy a house in SD one day and this economic crap has prevented me from doing so and I am upset and I am venting. I want to educate people on what the causes of the bubbles are and how to fix them. Unfortunately our motivations aren't in line. I want to see the bubble completly collapse which would mean a period of no sales for a year or two and get all of the contagion out of the market. It would reduce your sales commissions. You would lose money as the value of homes dropped overall and there wouldn't be churn. I want to eliminate all barriers to real estate that make it so illiquid. I want to reduce transactions costs to a fraction of a percent like in other industries that have high value transactions. I want it to operate like a free market. Our views are not inline in several places. We will probably never agree. I'm okay with that.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 3:07pm.

Allan from Fallbrook wrote:
pri_dk wrote:

Perhaps you meant to say:

"If the US decides there needs to be an 'incident' that 'gives us no choice' but to 'defend Americans' (and American interests) ..."

Remember the Maine!

(and the Maddox, and Saddam's WMDs, ...)

Pri: I don't doubt that there is a "Tonkin Gulf" moment in here somewhere, but I'm actually hopeful that this administration WON'T go for a knee-jerk, jingoistic response, since that's EXACTLY what the Iranian government is hoping for.

Yes, I agree that the Iranian populace is literate, well-educated, Pro-US and opposed to their own leadership, but as Syria shows, not all popular uprisings are going to succeed. There is an element of brinksmanship here and sometimes events move more quickly than our ability to control them. Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

I think one of the huge errors we made was getting involved in places like Libya. What we told all of the other poor educated people in other countries being oppressed was: The US will come save you if you start an uprising. Don't worry we have your back, we are the policeman of the world. The deaths in Syria are probably our fault for that alone.

I would rather see these guys spend more time getting pissed off and plan a better uprising with internal organization with the will of the people. If that uprising was sucessful it would be the organizers who, with the power of the people, took control. When the US aids the people, we put whatever Joe Iranian in there that will do our bidding and won't support the people. This then creates the same sequence all over again. The people realize the GOV is a pawn, they get controlled by the GOV that gets weapons and support from the US, the rich get really rich and poor get really poor. Repeat.

Submitted by sdrealtor on January 24, 2012 - 3:08pm.

I love Rich's articles but in case you didnt notice that article was not posted on this blog but on his business website. There was a link to it.

You are sadly mistaken if you think its clear all real estate is not local. Some market went crazy and others didnt. This played out differently all over the country and even in various communties in SD.

I wrote a whole bunch more but just erased it because I'm OK that we dont agree also. What I am not OK with is you hijacking this blog for your own personal agenda. Thats just wrong.

BTW thank you for finally writing something about RE and what you want out of it. Sorry to say you wont ever see that but at least we know your RE fantasies now.

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 3:18pm.

sdduuuude wrote:
I have a new acronym: GYOFB

Can you guys guess what it means ?

sdr will buy the winner a decent bottle of wine ...

Get your own fvcking blog.

Where's my bottle of wine :)

Hey, if mark is your ignore list, and I didn't see him write it, does it mean I win?

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 3:13pm.

Can we talk about something else like the stock market.

Good news Apple announced. Up 45 buck after hours. Too bad I don't have a single share....

But Broadcom is up $1.50 after hours, which I do own shares in..Great!

But Qualcomm after hours is at $60... Unfortunately, I short sold at $55 and $57.. All 400 shares. Fvck...

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 3:13pm.

flu wrote:
Can we talk about something else like the stock market.

Good news Apple announced. Up 45 buck after hours. Too bad I don't have a single share....

But Broadcom is up $1.50 after hours, which I do own shares in..Great!

But Qualcomm after hours is at $60... Unfortunately, I short sold at $55 and $57.. All 400 shares. Fvck...

Or let's talk about zombies...

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 3:17pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
Sorry to say you wont ever see that but at least we know your RE fantasies now.

The ideas I posted will absolutely happen slowly over time. If you asked a RE agent 5 years ago if Redfin or Ziprealty would be as successful as they have they would have told you no way. Several other industries with high paid sales positions have evaporated over the years because the internet has automated the processes and it will happen in RE too. Look at stock traders, look at turbotax, look at legalzoom. The market will readjust.

The RE market will eventually completely collapse and liquidate. It has happened every time before and will happen again. It's hard to say what and when the catalyst will be but it's coming. It is silly not to look at history and say it won't repeat itself. Cash will be king. We ain't there yet.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 3:19pm.

flu wrote:
Can we talk about something else like the stock market.

Good news Apple announced. Up 45 buck after hours. Too bad I don't have a single share....

But Broadcom is up $1.50 after hours, which I do own shares in..Great!

But Qualcomm after hours is at $60... Unfortunately, I short sold at $55 and $57.. All 400 shares. Fvck...

I've had Apple since $25/share! Weeeeeeeee!

Submitted by harvey on January 24, 2012 - 3:21pm.

You bought Apple stock when you were 14 years old?

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 3:23pm.

sdrealtor wrote:
I love Rich's articles but in case you didnt notice that article was not posted on this blog but on his business website. There was a link to it.

No offense to Rich, but he's put a ton more thought into that article than he has provided analysis of the data he has posted on this blog. He used to expand and hypothesize a little more.

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 3:23pm.

markmax33 wrote:
sdrealtor wrote:
Sorry to say you wont ever see that but at least we know your RE fantasies now.

The ideas I posted will absolutely happen slowly over time. If you asked a RE agent 5 years ago if Redfin or Ziprealty would be as successful as they have they would have told you no way. Several other industries with high paid sales positions have evaporated over the years because the internet has automated the processes and it will happen in RE too. Look at stock traders, look at turbotax, look at legalzoom. The market will readjust.

The RE market will eventually completely collapse and liquidate. It has happened every time before and will happen again. It's hard to say what and when the catalyst will be but it's coming. It is silly not to look at history and say it won't repeat itself. Cash will be king. We ain't there yet.

1. I think you're really committing financial suicide if you think cash will be king.

2. Ziprealty, Redfin successful? You're joking right?
Dude, that's some good weed you're smoking....

3. History has not shown cash is king. At least not cash in a country with a weakening currency. Haven't you been listening to Ron Paul?

4. Meanwhile, you can *hope* the United States falls into some dictatorship, and a single guy has his head screwed on right, and fixes all the economic issues facing the U.S. by force...And then hope that at the time we have more bombs than china when we give them the middle finger. But unless that scenario plays out, our dollars will be trashed, and U.S. cash clearly won't be king.

5. Sitting here and posting about the sky is falling really isn't gonna help your own situation imho. If you want to take action, time to start in your own household.

Submitted by flu on January 24, 2012 - 3:24pm.

delete.

Submitted by markmax33 on January 24, 2012 - 3:27pm.

pri_dk wrote:
You bought Apple stock when you were 14 years old?

If I remember correctly I bought in the '04 timeframe when I was 24. The best stocks are the gadgets and trends of the 22-35 year old males that have disposable income.

If you want another insider 32 year old male stock pick - Buy Zynga hand over fist. They swear they didn't want to get into online poker and it is clear online poker will be online in late 2012. There is no way they don't get into it and they have a massive player base already. Zynga will be the next Apple, Chiptole, Netflix, etc.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.