Where can I find information on Parcel Numbers?

User Forum Topic
Submitted by citydweller on April 15, 2007 - 6:21pm

I was looking on the SD County Tax Collector web site looking at unpaid tax bills. I have the address of the complex, but could not find the unit numbers for some of the unpaid parcels. For instance, 859-319-85-75 and 867-600-21-81. Is there a website where I can just enter a parcel # and get info? I tried it on the County Assessor site but could find no info on these 2 parcels.

Submitted by SD Realtor on April 15, 2007 - 9:46pm.

You can go to the county and look up all the recordings for those particular APNs. Any recorded liens would be on record. I don't know any websites you can get that information from for free but there are plenty of paysites. You can also ask a title rep for that information as well.

SD Realtor

Submitted by PerryChase on April 16, 2007 - 9:08am.

You can get the information for free.
Cross reference the information available on these databases:




Submitted by citydweller on April 16, 2007 - 11:09am.

Thanks Perry for the links. I found more info at sdtretax.com, but don't quite understand it. One says "supplemental tax bill per R&T code section 75...notice of value change on 3/8/06" the other says "escape assessment based on change of value for fiscal year 2005-2006...R&T prorated bill"
Would a refinance cause a reassessment?

Submitted by SD Realtor on April 16, 2007 - 3:32pm.

Refi would not cause a reassessment.

Submitted by PadreBrian on May 25, 2008 - 3:00pm.

Anyone with the NEW SD county tax assesor look up site?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.