Trump presidency predictions

User Forum Topic
Submitted by zk on December 8, 2016 - 2:37pm

Let's hear your predictions for trump's presidency. In 4 (or, god forbid, 8) years, we'll see who was right. Some of my predictions are on these threads:

http://piggington.com/its_bad_day_human_...

http://piggington.com/ot_predictions_201...

and I'll make some more here soon.

In the mean time, if any of you trump voters are actually bold enough to predict good things, let's see it right here where we can all access it in 4 years.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on March 5, 2019 - 7:14pm.

How about from the horse’s mouth himself?
https://youtu.be/g5HHZI_pe3w

And now Stephen Colbert’s take:
https://youtu.be/tD_EowgE1ec

I’m going to have to play the full CPAC speech as I’m cooking or cleaning the house.

Submitted by temeculaguy on March 7, 2019 - 1:03am.

Prediction-Your feelings get hurt......and the rest of us secretly enjoy it.

Submitted by Astrid Rey on March 9, 2019 - 8:48am.

temeculaguy wrote:
Prediction-Your feelings get hurt......and the rest of us secretly enjoy it.

Those few words say a lot about the kind of person you are.

Submitted by zk on March 9, 2019 - 12:29pm.

temeculaguy wrote:
Prediction-Your feelings get hurt......and the rest of us secretly enjoy it.

Translation: "I'm a douchebag. And I'm proud enough of that to announce it."

Also, thinking that trump fans are brainwashed fools and being disgusted by them is not the same as having one's feelings hurt. The idea that they're the same is one that's quite prevalent in right-wing propaganda. How pathetic that you've fallen for it.

Submitted by outtamojo on March 9, 2019 - 1:53pm.

temeculaguy wrote:
Prediction-Your feelings get hurt......and the rest of us secretly enjoy it.

Way to own the libs! You and "the rest" dont have to hide who you are- trump has made all manner of deplorable traits fashionable again

Submitted by FlyerInHi on March 10, 2019 - 12:31am.

outtamojo wrote:
temeculaguy wrote:
Prediction-Your feelings get hurt......and the rest of us secretly enjoy it.

Way to own the libs! You and "the rest" dont have to hide who you are- trump has made all manner of deplorable traits fashionable again

True, outtamojo, they don’t secretly enjoy anymore. They openly celebrate.

Real Americans like to “tell is like it is” except when it’s about them. It’s funny how Trump supporters have a chip on their shoulders and feel disrespected and condescended to by the metropolitan elite; so they have to act out against the interest of country and their own interests, just to make the coastal elite squirm. Bunch of entitled crybabies.

If you’re really confident of yourself, people can disrespect all they want, but they don’t affect you.

Submitted by temeculaguy on March 11, 2019 - 11:10pm.

I'm not even a trump fan, but all the crying is awesome. "Douchebag" really, and what do you know about my politics? I voted for Obama, twice, Bill Clinton once (went with Perot the other time) and yet I'm the bad guy because I criticize what I believe is the biggest sore losers I've seen in my life. You don't always get a trophy. It's not ideology I'm rebelling against, its the tantrum of toddlers that I see and I'm waiting until they cry themselves to sleep and i'm still waiting. I've read the constitution and the bill of rights a few times I've never seen the right to not have your feelings hurt among your inalienable rights. Put on your big girl panties and get back to your life.

I like and dislike some of the things Trump does but I've never liked the democrats or the republicans as an lockstep ideology, I like some things from each side and some but not all of what some of other parties believe. I'm waiting for a third party that is in the middle, not on the fringes. I listened to Shultz from Starbucks on the radio a while back and liked some of what what he had to say and shared his frustrations. Maybe I'm a moderate demopublitarian. When Ross Perot lost I cannot remember a march or a protest or fistfight in it's wake. I was bummed for a day, but then I moved on or maybe that's when they invented internet porn and at 14400 baud it took so much time to see a naked woman I had no time for protests.

But it doesn't matter, your candidate or theirs, for the most part they are equally worthless. But the vitriol and hate based on people not agreeing with you or voting like you says far more about you than it does about me. In 1980 if you wanted to be a rebel you got a mohawk, maybe a skateboard and listened to the circle jerks and the germs until people got mad at you. I did 3 out of 4 when I was 13. Now you just have to wear a red hat, support the president or go to a church. Now you get insulted or physically attacked for expressing a viewpoint. I don't go to a church, but i don't care if you do.

Submitted by temeculaguy on March 11, 2019 - 11:13pm.

Flyer or Brian, the "metropolitan elites" reference is exactly what I'm talking about and ZK calls me the douchebag. The condescending virtue signally is equal to or worse than a chip on the shoulder.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on March 12, 2019 - 10:38am.

temeculaguy wrote:
Flyer or Brian, the "metropolitan elites" reference is exactly what I'm talking about and ZK calls me the douchebag. The condescending virtue signally is equal to or worse than a chip on the shoulder.

You say this after a long post on not having the right not to have one’s feelings hurt.

The metropolitan elite are people who are connected to cultures of the world and multiculturalism. The deplorables are ones who are afraid of change and wish to an impossible return to the old days. The old days were not the good old days IMO.
Deplorables in USA and Brexiters and nationalists in Europe.

Plus If you think of it, conservatives have always been condescending so they should be used to it. Think of the respectable church going family — well dressed with well behaved, studious children — who shuns the dysfunctional people.

Submitted by zk on March 12, 2019 - 11:04am.

temeculaguy wrote:

I'm not even a trump fan, but all the crying is awesome. "Douchebag" really,


Yes, douchebag. If you enjoy somebody’s feelings being hurt, that pretty much makes you a douchebag right there. (My (and all the progressives I know) feelings weren’t and aren’t hurt; more on that later). Enjoying others being hurt is pretty much a hallmark of douchbaggery.

temeculaguy wrote:

and what do you know about my politics? I voted for Obama, twice, Bill Clinton once (went with Perot the other time)

Here’s what I know about your politics:
temeculaguy wrote:

I've also seen the treatment of some old friends by the rabid progressives and have been tempted to intervene…
But alas, the site is awash in liberal drivel, socialism, politics and trump derangement syndrome…
As the old saying goes, "if you are not a socialist by 20 you have no heart but if you are not a conservative by 40 you have no brain." They need to age out of it and I will not convince them otherwise, however at some point someone has to declare "adult swim, everyone under 18, out of the pool..."
Or will it remain a place democratic socialists go when the Rachael Maddow show has a guest host?...

temeculaguy wrote:

and yet I'm the bad guy because I criticize what I believe is the biggest sore losers I've seen in my life.


1) No, you’re not a douchebag because you criticize anyone. You’re a douchebag because you enjoy when others’ feelings are hurt. (And in this case, you’ve been manipulated into thinking their feelings are hurt when they aren’t. See 4.)

2) your responses that progressives “feelings are hurt” and that they’re “sore losers” are nonsensical right-wing propaganda points (see 3 and 4), which points towards at least who you’re probably listening to, which is a possible indicator of your politics.

3) Being afraid for our country and being passionate about changing its direction because we’ve elected a president who is trying very hard to weaken the rule of law in our country for his own benefit, who can’t seem to understand what is true and what is not true, who is extraordinarily corrupt, and who clearly cares about himself far more than he cares about the country, (not to mention that he constantly lies, he’s a cheater, he never takes responsibility for his mistakes or the problems he causes, he cares about nothing and nobody but himself, he is petty, petulant, bellicose, ignorant, lazy, impulsive, delusional, amoral, unstable, and vindictive, and he is a racist and a misogynist and a bully and a narcissist) is completely unrelated to being a sore loser. When GWB won the first time, I was very disappointed (even though I was more of a right-leaning centrist back then; I thought he was an idiot), but I moved on. When he won the second time, I was kind of disgusted, but I moved on. This isn’t like that. GWB was more or less a typical republican who had typical republican priorities when he got elected the first time. The second time, he’d gotten us into an unnecessary war, which is horrible. But he wasn’t an existential threat to the republic. If democrats hadn’t won the house in 2018, that’s exactly what trump would be. His degradation of the rule of law over the past two years, his installation of cronies, yes men, and sycophants in the justice department, plus the failure of the outrageously craven republicans in congress to act as the checks and balances that the constitution demands were steps towards the fascism that he so clearly admires.

Now, you can disagree with me that he’s an existential threat to the republic (and, if you get your news from where it seems like you get your news, then you undoubtedly do disagree), but he is far from just somebody whose economic or social policies we don’t like. And to call somebody who is animated and involved and passionate about the direction this country is taking when a “man” like trump is threatening to ruin our country a “sore loser” is to miss the point entirely (and it’s also incorrect). It’s not that we’re sore that we lost. We feel that, for the future of our country, it’s necessary to do whatever is necessary (and legal) to make sure that trump isn’t given the opportunity to continue on the path that he’s on. That involves campaigning for democrats for congress so that the cowardly congressional republicans will no longer be able to cede all of congress’ power to trump. And it involves trying to get other voters to see who trump is and what he’s doing. Unfortunately, the behemoth right-wing propaganda machine makes convincing anyone who has already been indoctrinated by that machine virtually impossible.

4) The right-wing propaganda machine tells its dupes that people who think trump is dangerous for the country have hurt “feelings.” Can you explain to me how that makes sense? I’m disgusted by the foolishness and ignorance of those who can’t see trump for what he is. If I think trump fans are fools, that doesn’t mean my feelings are hurt. If we’re in a restaurant, and some guy punches a waitress because she accidentally stepped on his foot, and some other guy cheers on the guy who punches the waitress, and I tell guy who cheered on the puncher that he’s a disgusting fool, does that mean my feelings are hurt? No, it means I think that guy’s an asshole. I’d really love to hear you explain why you think progressives’ feelings are hurt.

Generally, when people hear “hurt feelings” they think of someone who feels bad about themselves because of something bad somebody said about them. Other definitions include being angry. If you’re using the former definition (or something similar), then all my above arguments apply. If you’re talking about being angry (or something similar), then I would say that being angry - and being motivated to action by that anger - is an appropriate response to the disaster (the potential catastrophe) that is the trump presidency.

temeculaguy wrote:

You don't always get a trophy.


A trophy? WTF are you talking about? Nobody’s asking for a trophy. We’re doing what we think is necessary for our country.

temeculaguy wrote:

It's not ideology I'm rebelling against, its the tantrum of toddlers that I see and I'm waiting until they cry themselves to sleep and i'm still waiting.

Yet another right-wing propaganda talking point. We’re crying toddlers. That doesn’t even make sense. We’re extremely concerned Americans who feel the need to change the direction our country is going. By your definition, every American who ever spoke out passionately about wanting to change the direction of our country is a crying toddler. I presume that right-wing propagandists encourage this response because it serves the purposes of making the trump supporter feel superior and avoiding the need for a reasoned response. In addition, there is the possibility that some of the weaker trump protesters and some of the trump protesters who can't see how ridiculous the charge is will stop pointing out the dangers that trump poses.

temeculaguy wrote:
I've read the constitution and the bill of rights a few times I've never seen the right to not have your feelings hurt among your inalienable rights. Put on your big girl panties and get back to your life.

Put your big boy thinking cap on and explain how you came to the conclusion that my feelings are hurt.
temeculaguy wrote:

I like and dislike some of the things Trump does but I've never liked the democrats or the republicans as an lockstep ideology,

What is trump doing that you like?

temeculaguy wrote:

the vitriol and hate based on people not agreeing with you or voting like you says far more about you than it does about me.

My vitriol is not based on people not agreeing with me. If you can make a cogent argument for your side and we disagree, that’s fine with me. Heck, it doesn’t really even have to be all that cogent. It just has to be based on the truth. Almost every single trump supporter I’ve engaged with has failed to even try to make an argument. They never say, “you’re wrong about the justice department because of X,” or “you’re wrong about what trump said to the Australian prime minister because of Y” or “you’re wrong about trump being a delusional narcissist because of Z.” Or “you’re wrong about (a thousand stupid or dangerous things that trump has done or said) because of (any old reason at all will do here).” They tell me I’m a sore loser or a snowflake or my feelings are hurt and that I should put my big girl panties on. And that is EXACTLY why the right-wing propaganda machine encourages those responses. It’s the only one trump supporters have. It’s a response that serves the dual purpose of avoiding having to come up with a nonexistent argument in favor of trump along with making the trump supporter feel superior. My vitriol is based on the fact that most trump supporters believe the lies of trump and of the right-wing propaganda machine and are therefore not even starting from a position of truth. Hypothetical analogy: If somebody believes in some false prophet, and that prophet needs their support, and that prophet garners their support with lies and propaganda, and that prophet is a danger to me or my family or my country, I’m not going to agree to disagree with those supporters. I’m going to point out that those lies and propaganda are just that: lies and propaganda. And unless they can show me that their positions aren’t based on lies, I’m not going to agree to disagree with them. If my response is vitriolic, it’s not because I disagree with them. It’s because they are a danger to my country due to the fact that they don’t want to (or can’t) distinguish propaganda from truth.

72% of republicans, according to a 2018 Quinnipiac poll, said that they think that trump is a good role model for children. That’s how strong the propaganda machine is. Trump demonstrably has almost every major negative personality trait that a person can have. His character is demonstrably horrible. And yet these chumps have somehow been manipulated into believing that he’s a good role model for children. Tell me, tg, do you think that trump is a good role model for children? If so, why? If not, why do you think that 72% of republicans think he is?

temeculaguy wrote:

Now you just have to wear a red hat, support the president or go to a church. Now you get insulted or physically attacked for expressing a viewpoint.

Really, dude? You’re upset about the very rare MAGAer getting beat up, but not about the physical assaults that trump actually personally encouraged? Or the increase in hate crimes since trump has let deplorables out of the closet?

temeculaguy wrote:

I don't go to a church, but i don't care if you do.

You going to a church isn’t damaging our country.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on March 13, 2019 - 7:50am.

yeah, zk.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on March 19, 2019 - 12:50pm.

This column by Robert Samuelson exactly reflects my feeling about Trump and Brexit.

We anti-Brexit folks should feel pretty self-satisfied now. Well, we’re not.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...

I just hope the nationalists suffer more from the havoc they wrought.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on March 22, 2019 - 10:44am.

Trump thinking of Brazil joining NATO. Think about it for a moment.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-b...

Submitted by FlyerInHi on August 27, 2019 - 1:52am.

The best part of Trump at the G7 is the explanation of how Melania met Kim Jung Un.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.