San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Should I downsize now???
User Forum Topic
Submitted by treehugger on July 29, 2019 - 9:59pm
We have recently been considering downsizing. Currently have a 3000+sq ft 2 story house, with a pool, on a large lot. One kid gone to college, the other has 1 more year then likely gone.
We are considering selling the big house worth ~$800K, we owe $300k and have 3%interest rate, so $1350 a month + $120 HOA fee.
Struggling with the upkeep of house and considering buying a smaller house in same neighborhood, but things are selling like crazy! Two houses just listed, both ~1600 sq ft first was $619 within a day they raised to $649 and we heard pending with 8 offers the other was $565 and after 1 day pending with multiple offers.....both needed work.
We own a condo and are considering moving into condo temporarily, see if the big house sells, then be ready to jump on a smaller house. Is this foolish to sell my big beautiful totally upgraded house for a smaller home that likely needs work?
Is anybody making predictions on what I will be saying the real estate market is doing a year from now? Is now a good time to buy? What will i think a year from now?
I am going to reach out to HLS to get prequalified and get his input.....Sheldon if you are trolling I need to talk to you!
~Active forum topics~