San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Sell and rent until market drops?
User Forum Topic
Submitted by 23109VC on March 19, 2019 - 7:38am
I live in Temecula but want to move to San Diego.
I own a home in temecuoanthst currently has approx $200k in equity - given current prices.
given all the talk about in pending price reductions one thought I had was to sell my current house and pocket the money and then rent for the next year or two in hopes the prices come down . I’ve looked at houses in San Diego and they’re substantially more expensive Bs Temecula that it would cost too much to get an equivalent house or I would have to move into a condo or something not as nice as my current home.
What is the current consensus here as to whether prices will drop in a San Diego over the next 24 months and how many of you have employed the strategy of selling to lock in equity then Wait for a drop? I know people who timed this perfectly in the last downward cycle ...
I have also started to hear people talking about doing exactly what I am suggesting right now - Just curious what everyone’s thoughts are on that here ?
~Active forum topics~