Right-Wing Media are Destroying Our Country

User Forum Topic
Submitted by zk on May 12, 2017 - 6:41am

For a long time I've been saying that the right-wing media is destroying our country. This is what I'm talking about:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/poli...

Republican voters, being human and therefore credulous and gullible, believe whatever they hear on Fox Propaganda (and Breitbart and the rest of the right-wing media). They support republicans and con man don no matter what they do, because Fox Propaganda tells them republicans and con man don are doing a great job no matter what they do.

As I've said before, I don't think right-wing voters are more credulous than left-wing voters or anybody else. The difference is that there is a massive industry dedicated to right-wing propaganda.

Sure, the left has some propaganda available. But there are big differences between what's available on the left and what's available on the right. Mainly Fox Propaganda, but there is a lot more. Fox Propaganda is propaganda masquerading as real, hard, actual news. And it's the go-to "news" outlet of tens of millions of Americans. The left has nothing like that. Many conservatives will tell you that all of the mainstream media is left-wing propaganda. This is because they believe whatever they hear on Fox Propaganda, which has been peddling that idea since the day they come on the air. And now, you have Breitbart and a thousand other "news" websites, all of which create an alternate universe where a right winger can find all the sources he needs to validate what he's hearing on Fox Propaganda. Many of them have moved past Fox Propaganda and now have Breitbart and similarly virulent right-wing propaganda sites as their go-to "news" outlet. They never want or see a need to read the New York Times or the Washington Post. Why would they read actual news when they have available to them thousands of places that make them feel great about themselves and their ideas? Somewhere where everyone agrees with them?

So now we have a president with fascist tendencies, and a congress afraid to stand up to him, because it will hurt them with their base, because their base loves con man don, and they can's see con man don for what he is because they're watching Fox Propaganda, which is telling them how great he's doing. He's in the process of eliminating governmental checks on his power. There's a good chance he'll succeed, because nobody wants to stand up to him, because that would be an unpopular move with republican voters, who think he's doing a great job because they watch Fox Propaganda.

What happens when you have a fascist president with greatly reduced checks on his power? Unfortunately, I think we're about to find out. And we have right-wing media to thank.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 19, 2017 - 9:42am.

flu wrote:

BTW: Saudi Arabia just bought the largest oil refinery in the US I think.. So much for making america great again... Lol...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/03/saud...

Closer to home and real estate, China now owns GE appliances.

I just remodeled a condo using Haier appliances. I love them because they are the first affordable "euro" appliances. I love the tall skinny, square refrigerators, and angular appliances. It used to be something you had to pay "designer prices" for.

It's awesome, I love the choices and availability.

Submitted by zk on May 19, 2017 - 10:50am.

flu wrote:
Well, the great thing about this country is that once a president gets elected, he gets only gets about 2 years before he needs to become preoccupied with getting re-elected.

At this point, I think you would probably want things to continue to be a complete disaster so that interesting things happen mid term.

It might be entirely possible you have a bi-partisan initiative to eventually get rid of him if things continue blowing up the way they are.

Meanwhile, all these allegations and distractions are good. It keeps Trump and crew from pushing their agenda...

Meanwhile, grab some popcorn and enjoy the circus.

I wouldn't worry about the rest of the world and losing credibility. I'm sure most people are pretty convinced it's just Trump. You judge people by individuals not groups or where they are from. On a personal note (your kids), they will be judged on their achievements, not Trump's failures and a faction of this country's retardedness.

So again, not my problem, not your problem either.

When things return back to something more rationale and reasonable in our government in the middle, perhaps we do need to include some of those folks NoWhereVille and do something... Ignoring them won't make problems go away, they just come back with a different ugly head.

I guess Bush Junior wasn't as bad in retrospect... At least he has a sense of humor...

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/george...

BTW: Saudi Arabia just bought the largest oil refinery in the US I think.. So much for making america great again... Lol...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/05/03/saudi-arabia-now-controls-the-largest-oil-refinery-in-north-america-energy-middle-east-aramco/

An excellent post, flu. I hope you're right about the rest of the world being convinced it's just trump. I agree that it's least bad that he keeps getting nothing done. The impossible dream scenario where he fulfills a campaign promise and actually brings back jobs to nowhereville without hurting the rest of the economy might be better, but, again, that's nothing but a dream. Second least-bad is he sticks around, and he lets congressional republicans do whatever they want. Third least-bad is religious nut Pence becomes president. (similar to previous scenario). Fourth least-bad is he sticks around and he somehow gets what he wants done, which seems to be to attempt to glorify himself and to stoke hate and anger and division and paranoia both at home and abroad all while instigating economically destructive isolationist trade policies and screwing over anybody who's not rich. Worst-case scenario is he loses his cool (again) and spouts off at Kim Jong Un or Vladimir Putin, then things escalate because he refuses to back down or admit he's wrong, and a city or some cities get nuked.

Submitted by flu on May 19, 2017 - 11:11am.

If it were me, and another Russian military jet flew into U.S. air space again, I would have just given the order to shoot it down , and then afterwards say

"So sorry, we couldn't identify the unidentified aircraft and thought it might have been a terrorist plane. Sorry about that..."

And if it happens again, shoot the next one down and again "sorry, it happened again.."

...and again...
...and again...

But that's probably what Putin would want that to happen.

Better yet would be to build an EMP device and bring it down without the Russians knowing what happened.

I guess good thing for this country, I'm not President.

We're not going to get into a nuclear war. Everyone knows no one wins...

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 19, 2017 - 12:44pm.

That sounds badass right there flu... but remember what goes around comes around.

The USA went around the world interfering with other countries' elections, like we did with Yeltsin in Russia. So now they're doing it to us and we have Trump.

What about one day, in the future, when China's military budget is double ours? They will have many planes and ships along our coasts like we now have along theirs, in international waters.

Submitted by zk on May 19, 2017 - 10:14pm.

zk wrote:
I would raise my arms in triumph as the wolves shit out whatever disgusting brown remnants were left of them.

FlyerInHi wrote:

Zk, you are too kind to a fault.

Doubtful.

Liberals like to say, "Tyrone grew up in a gang-infested neighborhood. He had no daddy, and his momma was on crack. Nobody told him to do his homework and the only love he got was from gangsters. He had no chance without our help."

Well, Rufus grew up in a fox news-infested neighborhood. His gun-totin' daddy taught him that liberals were retards and CNN was devil news, and his big fat momma told him college was for yankees and sissies. Maybe Rufus didn't have a chance without our help, either. But lots of liberals say, "fuck Rufus."

I don't see much difference between Tyrone and Rufus as far as their opportunity to overcome their upbringing. I don't think the best approach to either of them is to throw them to the wolves. Of course, Brian, maybe you're the kind of liberal that doesn't care about Tyrone or Rufus. Which at least would be consistent.

I get flu's point that somebody has to be at the bottom. But I think that if we could lift up all the Tyrones and all the Rufuses (and all the Julios, while were at it), we'd have a better, happier, more prosperous country.

Submitted by zk on May 20, 2017 - 7:32am.

But screw the Chaoxiangs, they have enough already.

I kid, of course. Anyway, we don't teach Chaoxiangs about prosperity; we learn from them.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 20, 2017 - 9:12am.

We can't even begin to compare Tyrone and Rufus.

Tyrone suffers from hunger, poverty, joblessness, and a number of structural disadvantages such as racial discrimination, environmental segregation, etc.. Maybe Tyrone is cynical about the system, but he consistently supports policies that will help his community.

Rufus has all the advantages but he's just fucked up in head. He supports policies that are against his own family's well-being. He wants statues of Robert E. Lee to make himself feel better.

Rufus prospered thanks to previous policies that developed the hinterland of the USA. Policies that brought highways, airports, telephone to the small and mid towns.

Rufus embraces free market ideas, but he won't stop bitching and get off his ass and do what it takes to prosper in the 21st century. Hey, Rufus keeps on preaching bootstrapping, so what the fuck is he waiting for? Economists would say that if he has no coal job in West Virginia, he should more to Brooklyn and become a barista.

Julio has good ethics. All he wants is a good job so he can provide for his family. I can respect that.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 20, 2017 - 9:15am.

zk wrote:
But screw the Chaoxiangs, they have enough already.

I kid, of course. Anyway, we don't teach Chaoxiangs about prosperity; we learn from them.

The Chaoxiangs learned the ways of capitalism and trade. They studied, worked hard, played by the rules the western elites laid out at Bretton-Woods then WTO. They rightly deserve the rewards.

Submitted by flu on May 20, 2017 - 10:32am.

zk wrote:

I get flu's point that somebody has to be at the bottom. But I think that if we could lift up all the Tyrones and all the Rufuses (and all the Julios, while were at it), we'd have a better, happier, more prosperous country.

It's not about not helping those out open to the help. It's about wasting time and energy on those who don't want to be helped and are content to be narrow minded and self limiting.

Why waste you time helping people out that don't appreciate it? There are plenty of people that would.

Submitted by zk on May 20, 2017 - 11:07am.

flu wrote:
zk wrote:

I get flu's point that somebody has to be at the bottom. But I think that if we could lift up all the Tyrones and all the Rufuses (and all the Julios, while were at it), we'd have a better, happier, more prosperous country.

It's not about not helping those out open to the help. It's about wasting time and energy on those who don't want to be helped and are content to be narrow minded and self limiting.

Why waste you time helping people out that don't appreciate it? There are plenty of people that would.

I think I understood what you were saying; I apologize if I misrepresented it.

My point is that perhaps it's not their fault that they're narrow-minded and self limiting, and that we could help them escape that mind set. And, in the process, improve the lot of our country as a whole.

Submitted by zk on May 20, 2017 - 11:19am.

FlyerInHi wrote:
zk wrote:
But screw the Chaoxiangs, they have enough already.

I kid, of course. Anyway, we don't teach Chaoxiangs about prosperity; we learn from them.

The Chaoxiangs learned the ways of capitalism and trade. They studied, worked hard, played by the rules the western elites laid out at Bretton-Woods then WTO. They rightly deserve the rewards.

They learn whatever they have to learn wherever they go. They prosper around the globe. They, unlike Rufus, are not concerned whether they're the favored ones or not. They don't need to be favored. They come to terms with their lot, whatever it may start out as, and then they work their asses off - for generations, if necessary - until they get where they want to be. They don't whine or complain or talk. They just do.

Submitted by zk on May 20, 2017 - 11:21am.

FlyerInHi wrote:

Rufus has all the advantages but he's just fucked up in head.

Well, if he's fucked up in the head, and he's fucked up in the head because of his environment (are you suggesting otherwise?), then he doesn't have all the advantages, now, does he?

Submitted by flu on May 20, 2017 - 11:59am.

zk wrote:
flu wrote:
zk wrote:

I get flu's point that somebody has to be at the bottom. But I think that if we could lift up all the Tyrones and all the Rufuses (and all the Julios, while were at it), we'd have a better, happier, more prosperous country.

It's not about not helping those out open to the help. It's about wasting time and energy on those who don't want to be helped and are content to be narrow minded and self limiting.

Why waste you time helping people out that don't appreciate it? There are plenty of people that would.

I think I understood what you were saying; I apologize if I misrepresented it.

My point is that perhaps it's not their fault that they're narrow-minded and self limiting, and that we could help them escape that mind set. And, in the process, improve the lot of our country as a whole.

Yes, what parents do have consequences for their kids. And that's just too bad...It is what it is.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 20, 2017 - 12:41pm.

zk wrote:
FlyerInHi wrote:

Rufus has all the advantages but he's just fucked up in head.

Well, if he's fucked up in the head, and he's fucked up in the head because of his environment (are you suggesting otherwise?), then he doesn't have all the advantages, now, does he?

Well, being fucked-up in the head is not the same as being malade in the head.

Fucked in the head in this case is being dismissive and rejecting of knowledge and education. It's a choice, not a sickness.

I admire and respect people who despite modest upbringings embrace and revere knowledge and education. As parents they do right by their kids who will succeed in the 21st century.

This is a good read:
The Great Convergence: Asia, the West, and the Logic of One World

I watched Mike Mullen's interview... He talks about our slow decline and what we need to do. He doesn't say it but we need to get rid of deplorable retrograde culture. The culture that reveres statues of Robert E. Lee.
https://charlierose.com/videos/30495

Submitted by zk on May 20, 2017 - 1:04pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:

I admire and respect people who despite modest upbringings embrace and revere knowledge and education. As parents they do right by their kids who will succeed in the 21st century.

Ok, there you go. If you admire those people, then you're saying that you can see that they've overcome an obstacle. That obstacle (their culture and upbringing) is what resulted in them making those choices. And that's what I'm saying. They face an obstacle. That obstacle is their environment and their upbringing (same as Tyrone). I'm saying we should help them overcome that obstacle.

I admire people who overcome modest upbringings, as well. But I don't expect everyone - or even most people - who endure modest upbringings to overcome them. I think that only truly admirable people will do that. The majority won't, unless they have some help. And that's what I think we should give them.

FlyerInHi wrote:

He doesn't say it but we need to get rid of deplorable retrograde culture.

I totally agree with that. In fact, that's exactly the point of what I'm saying. If you educate this generation, the next will follow. (Ok, it might take a few generations.) Both for Rufus and Tyrone. And Julio, for that matter. Sure, Julio wants to feed his family. And if he doesn't start caring about education, that, and nothing more, is all he'll ever be able to do.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 21, 2017 - 12:36pm.

DThere is a tiny big problem with Rufus. He's the only one who resents any help. So as flu remarked, why waste time on an ingrate?

From my own observation, I can tell you that Julio is moving on up. My granite installer/fabricator told me that he worked really hard but his cheap boss would pay him only $80 pay day. So he leaned English, quit and started his own business. He can can now make $500 - $1500 per day installing granite, depending on the job.
I love him because he does exactly what I tell him without bitching and charging me extra (I pay extra anyway). They value education (not in a tiger way), buy they don't have the contempt for learning that Rufus holds (because Rufus think he knows everything already).

Julio's kids go to school and are doing well. They will become the new middle class, the electricians, plumbers, etc... and eventually their own kids will be lawyers, doctors and politicians.

By the way, I have hired Rufus to do work for me... he's nice and did a good job, but talking to him aggravates me. Plus he's not cheap. Rufus would say how fucking Obama is ruining the country, that we should bomb the shit out of Iran, blah, blah.... totally ignorant retard stuff.

Submitted by zk on May 21, 2017 - 2:05pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
DThere is a tiny big problem with Rufus. He's the only one who resents any help. So as flu remarked, why waste time on an ingrate?

From my own observation, I can tell you that Julio is moving on up. My granite installer/fabricator told me that he worked really hard but his cheap boss would pay him only $80 pay day. So he leaned English, quit and started his own business. He can can now make $500 - $1500 per day installing granite, depending on the job.
I love him because he does exactly what I tell him without bitching and charging me extra (I pay extra anyway). They value education (not in a tiger way), buy they don't have the contempt for learning that Rufus holds (because Rufus think he knows everything already).

Julio's kids go to school and are doing well. They will become the new middle class, the electricians, plumbers, etc... and eventually their own kids will be lawyers, doctors and politicians.

By the way, I have hired Rufus to do work for me... he's nice and did a good job, but talking to him aggravates me. Plus he's not cheap. Rufus would say how fucking Obama is ruining the country, that we should bomb the shit out of Iran, blah, blah.... totally ignorant retard stuff.

Not sure I agree about Julio's grandkids being doctors. Julio's approach to education ain't in the same ballpark as Chaoxiang's. It ain't in the same league. It ain't even the same fuckin' sport. Heck, even Todd - our suburban white guy - values education vastly more than Julio.

Why waste time on an ingrate? Because it's not his fault that he's an ingrate (in my opinion). If it's not Tyrone's fault that he's a ganster, then it's not Rufus's fault that he's an ingrate.

Right now, whether Rufus realizes it or not (he doesn't), the government spends boatloads of money on him. And we, the taxpayers, will continue to spend money on him for as long as he's stuck in a cycle of ignorance. So you could look at it from a selfish point of view and say that if we educate him instead of giving him food stamps, we'll eventually stop having to support him. Why keep giving him fish, if we can teach him how to fish?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 22, 2017 - 2:03pm.

Perhaps Tyrone is a gangster because he believes the system is against him. He needs money now and can't wait for reforms. That's pretty rational so it makes perfect sense to me.

What bothers about Rufus is that he's irrational. Rather that improve the system that supports him, he wants to destroy it.

Rufus supported Reagan who destroyed labor and ushered in globalization.. But Reagan was badass with his nuclear weapons. Unfortunately Rufus is dumb and can't compete in the global system.

Now Rufus wants protection from globalization. But he votes for Trump who proposes a budget that is 180 what was promised. But Rufus still cheers on Trump for being badass.

Rufus is an asshole who want badass policies to bomb other countries and deport immigrants. Rufus spends all his time looking for ways to oppress fellow citizens rather than lift them up.
So fuck him, he doesn't deserve compassion. The only way he will learn is when his weapons are turned against him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...

As to Julio, just look at the demographics of San Diego, LA, and most of California. He doesn't need to be tiger like the Choaxiangs to prosper.

Rufus left the coast of CA... He's now in Alpine and soon his kids will leave for Kansas, or they will stay and marry Cecelia, Maria and Yolanda. Julio is all over, in Chula Vista, in Riverside, in Santa Ana where he's thriving in the new economy. Better than Lansing, MI.

Even the military and government are now very diverse. Julio will find his niche.

One of my Latina friend is dating a white dude from the Midwest who's parents are racists. I told her "behave politely by the book (to show them you're better) but don't be nice to them because they don't deserve it. They need you more that you need them."

Todd, the suburban White dude and his family, in the big metro, are part of global middle class. He works in a diverse environment with people from all around the world. His daughter will more likely backpack Europe and Asia than visit uncle and auntie in Wisconsin.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 23, 2017 - 10:19am.

Right wing media is getting worse. But you have to be dumb to believe it.

“If everybody always lies to you . . . nobody believes anything any longer,” said Hannah Arendt, the German American political theorist. “And with such a people you can then do what you please.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle...

Submitted by saxmonkey on May 25, 2017 - 8:22am.

I'm one of those "deplorable" people that voted for Trump. I'm 68 years old, a veteran, graduated with honors (bachelor's). Went to grad school (honors). Dad was career military (WWII, Korea, Vietnam).

I voted for McGovern, Jimmy C., Mondale, Clinton (twice) and every democratic candidate for everything from President to dog catcher.

I do believe that all of you here are political geniuses, as conversant with Keynes as you are with Friedman, Hayek, Marx and Mao.

So you geniuses tell me why I voted for Trump.

Answer: you don't know and can't imagine why. All you can do is sling a few easy insults.
Well, don't bother. I'll sling them for you just to show you that I know how YOU think much better than you know how I think.

Answer: I had a stroke (I didn't)
Answer: I'm ignorant and uneducated (Wrong again. Chances are, I'm better educated, traveled and more experienced than you)
Answer: I'm self-destructive (ha-ha- not)
Answer: I'm secretly a racist/homophobe/sexist pig. (Wrong again)

Answer: I'm fed up with the good intentions (that come from Liberals) that always seem to lead to bad ideas (that also come from Liberals). NOW, You're getting warm!

And by the way, if the MSM (CBS,NBC,ABC,NYT, LAT,CNN, MSNBC and almost every newspaper in the country) can't get a good message together to counteract the effect of Fox News, then how weak is their message? It's like watching Jack Reacher (Fox News) facing off against six bad guys in a bar (the MSM). You know how it's going to end.

Maybe the MSM should take a clue from Fox: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/...

Why did Dems lose 1000 seats since 2008? Why? Figure that out.

Submitted by harvey on May 25, 2017 - 8:53am.

saxmonkey wrote:
So you geniuses tell me why I voted for Trump.

As usual, Fox News has all the answers:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05/01/...

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 25, 2017 - 11:28am.

saxmonkey wrote:

Why did Dems lose 1000 seats since 2008? Why? Figure that out.

Racism. People can't deal with the new world order where a black man is so clearly smarter than the White elite, and where Latinos are supervisors, police officers and border patrol officers. Where Asian doctors practice at the best hospitals. Where the tech industry that is generating new wealth is majority immigrant.

If you're so educated, read about the southern strategy and why the South flipped to Republicans. Historians are pretty clear on that. Similar phenomenon today. If you live to 100 you will see that history will prove me correct.

Or maybe you still believe that the Civil War was about states' right. Except that it's not because Southern states wanted fedeal law to force free states to return their slaves. And rich southern slaves owners wanted to travel to NY with their retinue of slaves and force NY to recognize those servants as property.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 25, 2017 - 11:55am.

saxmonkey wrote:

Answer: I'm fed up with the good intentions (that come from Liberals) that always seem to lead to bad ideas (that also come from Liberals). NOW, You're getting warm!

So you voted against good intentions. But what exactly did you vote for? You're misguided if you can't explain what your own values are.

Submitted by outtamojo on May 25, 2017 - 6:25pm.

I feel bad for Spicer, frozen out of the Pope meeting.

Submitted by zk on May 25, 2017 - 9:07pm.

saxmonkey wrote:

So you geniuses tell me why I voted for Trump.

Answer: you don't know and can't imagine why. All you can do is sling a few easy insults.
Well, don't bother. I'll sling them for you just to show you that I know how YOU think much better than you know how I think.

Answer: I had a stroke (I didn't)
Answer: I'm ignorant and uneducated (Wrong again. Chances are, I'm better educated, traveled and more experienced than you)
Answer: I'm self-destructive (ha-ha- not)
Answer: I'm secretly a racist/homophobe/sexist pig. (Wrong again)

Answer: I'm fed up with the good intentions (that come from Liberals) that always seem to lead to bad ideas (that also come from Liberals). NOW, You're getting warm!

Monkey, my guess as to why you voted for con man don has been spelled out pretty clearly. You pretty much ignore it in your response. I’d like to hear your take on my theory. Obviously you won’t agree with it. But I’m interested in exactly how and why you disagree.

I believe you voted for con man don because you believe the nonsense you hear on right-wing media:

zk wrote:

Republican voters, being human and therefore credulous and gullible, believe whatever they hear on Fox Propaganda (and Breitbart and the rest of the right-wing media). They support republicans and con man don no matter what they do, because Fox Propaganda tells them republicans and con man don are doing a great job no matter what they do.


And I’ve spelled out why you believe what fox says:

zk wrote:

I think that right-wing media is extremely popular because it tells right wingers what they want to hear. It tells them they're right about everything. It makes them feel good about themselves. It makes them feel strong and smart. It makes them feel like they're better and stronger and manlier than whiny liberal pansies. That stuff sells. It sells way better than the truth.

saxmonkey wrote:

And by the way, if the MSM (CBS,NBC,ABC,NYT, LAT,CNN, MSNBC and almost every newspaper in the country) can't get a good message together to counteract the effect of Fox News, then how weak is their message? It's like watching Jack Reacher (Fox News) facing off against six bad guys in a bar (the MSM). You know how it's going to end.

As I said in the post above, feel-good propaganda sells way better than the truth. That’s why truthful media are having a hard time counteracting the effect of fox propaganda. A better analogy for Fox propaganda than Jack Reacher is a Svengali. Fox is a Svengali and truthful media are a bunch of nerds with no charisma. The Svengali is not afraid to use emotional manipulation nor is he afraid to use half-truths and innuendo. The nerds have very high ethical standards, and refrain even from half-truths. The audience that the Svengali and the nerds are trying to reach is credulous and gullible. The truth has nothing to do with who the audience will believe. Of course the Svengali wins. It doesn't matter how many nerds there are.

saxmonkey wrote:

Maybe the MSM should take a clue from Fox:

Well that would be good for conservatives. If mainstream media take a clue from fox and start broadcasting propaganda, half-truths, and innuendo, then they’ll be no better than fox. Already conservatives don’t trust mainstream media because fox told them not to. If mainstream media go down the road that fox did, people will actually have a reason not to trust the mainstream media, and fox will be as good as anybody else. If that happens, we’re all fucked.

Submitted by harvey on May 25, 2017 - 9:44pm.

I like the Jack Reacher movies, but I always thought his name sounded kinda gay.

Submitted by outtamojo on May 26, 2017 - 2:39am.

I can forgive those who voted for Trump, I think I can even understand why they voted for him. What I can't understand is why the same are still supporting him.

So chummy with Russian spies and so not chummy with our allies. Reagan would be sad. Can't even get "America first" right giving the Saudis a discount on arms.

Submitted by harvey on May 26, 2017 - 6:36am.

outtamojo wrote:
I can forgive those who voted for Trump, I think I can even understand why they voted for him. What I can't understand is why the same are still supporting him.

So chummy with Russian spies and so not chummy with our allies. Reagan would be sad. Can't even get "America first" right giving the Saudis a discount on arms.

Easy to explain: I just clicked on foxnews.com and there's no mention whatsoever of Russia or Saudi arms deals.

The main headline and almost all of the other stories featured are about the Manchester bombing.

That should be your only concern right now. They are going to kill us all if we don't do something!

Trump is going to prevent these things from happening by banning immigrants from a few countries. Nevermind that the likely Manchester bomber was a native-born British citizen and an immigrant ban would not have affected him. Trump has a solution, the "liberals" are too concerned about being "politically correct."

The libs are even against this obvious solution:
http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/brit...

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 26, 2017 - 9:56am.

outtamojo wrote:
I can forgive those who voted for Trump, I think I can even understand why they voted for him. What I can't understand is why the same are still supporting him.

So chummy with Russian spies and so not chummy with our allies. Reagan would be sad. Can't even get "America first" right giving the Saudis a discount on arms.

outtamjo, you sound kinder and more compassionate than me. I would love to hear your version of why people voted for Trump.

You're right, Reagan would be sad. I never like Reagan because I thought he was dumb and senile but at least he believed in liberal democratic ideals. Trump is just authoritarian.

The NATO "dues" Trump keeps on bitching about show how he doesn't understand the alliance. But it sounds good to his supporters who believe America is paying for the defense of the world.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on May 26, 2017 - 10:12am.

zk wrote:

I think that right-wing media is extremely popular because it tells right wingers what they want to hear. It tells them they're right about everything. It makes them feel good about themselves. It makes them feel strong and smart. It makes them feel like they're better and stronger and manlier than whiny liberal pansies. That stuff sells. It sells way better than the truth.

That shows how psychologically fucked up right wingers are. Being tough and strong and wanting to respond to everything with shock and awe, overwhelmming pushnishment is nothing to be proud of. That also flies in the face of the teachings of the Bible.

The funny thing is that the tough guys get all offended when you're just rhetorically tough on them.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.