really upset about kavanaugh

User Forum Topic
Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 1, 2018 - 9:16pm

i guess it's the lying. not so offended by the teenage sex aggression. but the currently lying has got me all riled.

damn liars

Submitted by outtamojo on October 2, 2018 - 2:50am.

It's the vengeful partisanship and spittle flecked threat of "what comes around goes around". I would actually like a judge who drinks, gets high, gets into barfights sans the lying and women issues.

Submitted by flu on October 2, 2018 - 4:56am.

.

Submitted by flu on October 2, 2018 - 3:50am.

..I mean...let's play devil's advocate here.... what if, Ford has the wrong guy and it isn't "100%"...

It seems like even before the testimony or proof or anything , many Democrats already made up their mind to believe Ford...

Isn't that sort of scary? I mean I thought the way it works here is there is a presumption of innocence.

And then there's Rachelle Michell. 25 years of prosecuting sex crimes...And people now suggesting she is a partisian hack because of her report.... Really?

Submitted by Hobie on October 2, 2018 - 5:55am.

I'm stunned this memo by Rachelle Michell hasn't got more traction. This should have ended the circus and got the focus back on his professional background. Too bad Trey Gowdey wasn't on this panel.

And the Gop fell for Flake's delay tactics.

As Scardedy says: Damn Liars

I truly hope this backfires on Dems in future. Damn Partition Politics.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2018 - 6:00am.

the prosecutors memo?

based on what?

no investigation.

shes a buffoon.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2018 - 6:27am.

http://inihr.ucc.ie/irish-merchants-bord...

this is funny. ludington, the guy at yale kav got blitzed with, is a professor who writes scholarly papers about......

BOOZE!!!!

kinda hilarious. these guys,really liked,the sauce.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2018 - 6:05am.

outtamojo wrote:
It's the vengeful partisanship and spittle flecked threat of "what comes around goes around". I would actually like a judge who drinks, gets high, gets into barfights sans the lying and women issues.

the democratic conspiracy rant was uncool for a judge.

also, the questions about G-d were simultaneously an insult to believers and atheists.

that said, ill take him.
.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2018 - 6:27am.

flu wrote:
..I mean...let's play devil's advocate here.... what if, Ford has the wrong guy and it isn't "100%"...

It seems like even before the testimony or proof or anything , many Democrats already made up their mind to believe Ford...

Isn't that sort of scary? I mean I thought the way it works here is there is a presumption of innocence.

And then there's Rachelle Michell. 25 years of prosecuting sex crimes...And people now suggesting she is a partisian hack because of her report.... Really?

yes. real prosecutors meet with alleged victims,for hours, reinterview after more investigation, talk to every witness they can.

then when the def. lies about obvious stuff, assume hes lying about more important matters.

prosecutor is crap.

Submitted by spdrun on October 2, 2018 - 8:39am.

Agreed with an outtamojo: a judge that's not a teetotaler would be nice. The US is generally too Puritanical, obnoxiously religious, and holier-than-thou.

Problem is that Kavanaugh seems to have been an abusive bully whilst drunk. That's often when true personalities come out. A violent drunk is often just an inhibited violent lout.

Also, why lie about drinking in college? 99% of college students probably got drunk -- it's nothing to be ashamed of in itself. Either he has skeletons, or he's a compulsive liar.

I may even believe him that he didn't remember abusing his victims -- he may have either been blackout drunk or did it so many times that he didn't remember individuals.

Lastly, his political views are terrible. He appears to be a typical GOP conservative where only the 2nd and 10th Amendments matter. His record on the 4th Amendment is dismal. He wants to tear down ACA or any kind of public insurance.

And I'm willing to bet that he'll stand behind drug warrior cops and frivolous arrests for underage drinking despite what he claims he didn't do at Yale. Nothing stinks worse than hypocrisy. What's good for me isn't good for thee.

When I saw him tear up on live TV like a high-school bully about to be paddled in the arse, I laughed like hell. Nothing funnier than a bully in power getting his pants jerked off in public. Public humiliation is good for the soul.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 9:17am.

outtamojo wrote:
It's the vengeful partisanship and spittle flecked threat of "what comes around goes around". I would actually like a judge who drinks, gets high, gets into barfights sans the lying and women issues.

I’m all too familiar with the good old boys’ club. No, that’s not what we want justice to be like.

People who pretend to be religious, drink, fight, and lie about small stuff are not to be trusted. It’s all about protecting each other. I have witnessed a guy hit somebody else. His buddy pretended to not have seen anything. They will go to hell, according to the Bible.

Plus drunkards who lie are fucked up in the head with their demons. They should not administer justice.

Drinking and getting high is human. I could accept it, maybe. But bar fighting is assault and criminal. So not acceptable.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 9:35am.

About the women thing, men surely know what they did and trying to protect themselves.

Women now want affirmative consent and they are insisting on it as they gain power. Simple as that.

The prospect of having to ask “ May I touch, please?” frightens and renders men powerless. Couple that with economic anxiety and many men feel useless and alienated.

Submitted by The-Shoveler on October 2, 2018 - 10:15am.

The Only thing I think that is sure is, this will even further divided the nation into opposite extreme camps.

Eventually everyone (both men and women) will be required to be nurtured before high school LOL.

Submitted by outtamojo on October 2, 2018 - 10:18am.

FlyerInHi wrote:
outtamojo wrote:
It's the vengeful partisanship and spittle flecked threat of "what comes around goes around". I would actually like a judge who drinks, gets high, gets into barfights sans the lying and women issues.

I’m all too familiar with the good old boys’ club. No, that’s not what we want justice to be like.

People who pretend to be religious, drink, fight, and lie about small stuff are not to be trusted. It’s all about protecting each other. I have witnessed a guy hit somebody else. His buddy pretended to not have seen anything. They will go to hell, according to the Bible.

Plus drunkards who lie are fucked up in the head with their demons. They should not administer justice.

Drinking and getting high is human. I could accept it, maybe. But bar fighting is assault and criminal. So not acceptable.

Don't get me wrong- Kavanaugh is not acceptable to me as 1 of 9 lifetime Supreme Court Justices. Kavanaugh is the entitled frat boy bully we all had to walk away from for we knew if things escalated there would be no consequence for him but for us...
As many have said, this is not a prosecution this is a job interview and for any reasonable hiring manager, he has failed spectacularly imo.

Submitted by outtamojo on October 2, 2018 - 10:20am.

The-Shoveler wrote:
The Only thing I think that is sure is, this will even further divided the nation into opposite extreme camps.

Eventually everyone (both men and women) will be required to be nurtured before high school LOL.

Yah we should all get free college prep schooling and beach weeks and a free pass from the cops for substance abuse.

Submitted by spdrun on October 2, 2018 - 10:37am.

^^^

I know you're speaking sarcastically, but I think we actually should. Public schools should be state-run with strict standards and teachers with specific skills being randomly assigned in a given area to assure equal levels of education statewide. Anyone who's capable should be able to select AP/IB or college-prep track courses.

As far as substance use/abuse, it shouldn't be a police matter at all absent some other crime being committed. If someone is a danger to themselves or others, they should be committed for appropriate psych treatment, not imprisoned.

Underage drinking? Do what most of the world does, lower the liquor age to 18 or 19. 99% of college students drink -- I'd rather it be out in the open where there's social pressure not to get sloppy, and bartenders can cut them off if they're being morons.

The American focus on punishment, criminalization, and marginalization of the poor should disappear.

Submitted by bibsoconner on October 2, 2018 - 11:22am.

I think what folks that are supporting Kavanaugh are missing are:
1) There are multiple reports of sexual harassment from different women. There are also reports from males and females of his excessive drinking. His testimony doesn't seem credible given the amount of people that are contradicting him.
2) This is not a court of law and there is no "innocent until proven guilty" presumption. He is applying for a life time job. If you were going to have your house painted and I told you the painter was a scumbag, and then other people said disparaging things, would you still let him in your house? Clearly, I could be coordinating with others to slander this good painters name, but you certainly have the right to pick another painter. And I suspect most people would. And that's for a fixed length job to paint your house!

Anyhow, food for thought and no, I don't hate painters :)

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 11:43am.

spdrun wrote:
^^^

I know you're speaking sarcastically, but I think we actually should. Public schools should be state-run with strict standards and teachers with specific skills being randomly assigned in a given area to assure equal levels of education statewide. Anyone who's capable should be able to select AP/IB or college-prep track courses.

As far as substance use/abuse, it shouldn't be a police matter at all absent some other crime being committed. If someone is a danger to themselves or others, they should be committed for appropriate psych treatment, not imprisoned.

Underage drinking? Do what most of the world does, lower the liquor age to 18 or 19. 99% of college students drink -- I'd rather it be out in the open where there's social pressure not to get sloppy, and bartenders can cut them off if they're being morons.

The American focus on punishment, criminalization, and marginalization of the poor should disappear.

I agree with you..... BUT America is a violent culture and substance abuse manifests itself in violent ways. In other developed countries, people are not walking around with guns looking for an opportunity to blow someone’s head off.

Poor Americans often grow up to be disrespectful and violent. I’m not blaming them.... we have failed our own people. The solution is long term education and social support, but don’t hold your breath.

The cops are involved weekly in condos I manage. Latest incident... an old white dude who’s always drunk attacked a young white dude who complained about the old guy feeding pigeons that shit on his bmw. Was an assault necessary? Of course, the cops were involved.

It’s always men who are violent and disturb the peace. Women don’t cause problems on their own. One Black woman let the bother move in and the problems begin — noise, drugs, parties. I called the cops on a roudy party. The brother moved out and peace again!

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 11:52am.

bibsoconner wrote:
I think what folks that are supporting Kavanaugh are missing are:
1) There are multiple reports of sexual harassment from different women. There are also reports from males and females of his excessive drinking. His testimony doesn't seem credible given the amount of people that are contradicting him.
2) This is not a court of law and there is no "innocent until proven guilty" presumption. He is applying for a life time job. If you were going to have your house painted and I told you the painter was a scumbag, and then other people said disparaging things, would you still let him in your house? Clearly, I could be coordinating with others to slander this good painters name, but you certainly have the right to pick another painter. And I suspect most people would. And that's for a fixed length job to paint your house!

Anyhow, food for thought and no, I don't hate painters :)

Exactly! Same with screening tenants. Not every applicant has the right to rent your house. If you don’t trust an applicant you can wait until the next one.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2018 - 1:09pm.
Submitted by Myriad on October 2, 2018 - 4:20pm.

This whole thing has turned into a s***show. This would never have happened if the White House knew how to properly vet candidates for positions in government. They could have picked a number of other conservative judges that are just as qualified and don't have the baggage.

After watching some of Kavanaugh's testimony on Thur, I'm shocked that he's a judge and one that's up for the SC. He should be disqualified based on his demeanor, lack of candor, disrespect to the Senate, and paritsan attacks. And I'm giving him a "pass" on something (or at least supposedly) that happened 30+ years ago. He also completely mismanaged how he explained his background in high school/college. He was a extremely heavy drinker (at least that seems to be somewhat corroborated) - you're not going to be able to hid it. Yet he pretended like none of that happened - unless he was so drunk he really doesn't remember.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 7:53pm.

Notice that Kavanaugh keeps on saying he never sexually assaulted anyone. He's legally parsing to mean he never forced intercourse.

Kavanaugh is a fighter and he's taking a page from Trump. He needs Trump's support so the White House doesn't bail on him. He went on the attack and tnat pleased Trump.

And Jeff Seasions is auditioning to become the next attorney general.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 8:22pm.

flu wrote:

Isn't that sort of scary? I mean I thought the way it works here is there is a presumption of innocence.


Apparently, statistically, 2% of rape claims are false. Scary only if you think women will come out of the woodwork making false claims.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 2, 2018 - 8:50pm.

scaredyclassic wrote:
dudes a liar.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/09/h...

There is a letter written by Kavanaugh himself. He signed it Bart which is the name of the drunkard in mark judge's book.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/02/us/br...

Submitted by flu on October 3, 2018 - 5:39am.

FlyerInHi wrote:
flu wrote:

Isn't that sort of scary? I mean I thought the way it works here is there is a presumption of innocence.


Apparently, statistically, 2% of rape claims are false. Scary only if you think women will come out of the woodwork making false claims.

When did I say she came out and made an intentional false claim. I never said that. I think I specifically said I think something did happen to her, perhaps your reading comprehension missed that.

My issue with the debacle is how this entire thing was turned into a circus partly due to trump, partly due to feinstein, and I feel sorry for the real abuse victims.

In your retirement years, must you camp out on every thread and try to stir things up on every thread? Bored with life much?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 3, 2018 - 11:02am.

Flu, what exactly is the scary part?
I read in your statement that it's scary that innocent men can be unjustly accused of sexual assault /rape. If not, then why even bring up presumption of innocence?

You and other Kavanaugh supporters are trying to hedge, that is to claim Kavanaugh is innocent while at the same time claim to believe that "something did happen to her." Yeah, like something happened to her but she's mixed up and identified the wrong guy.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 3, 2018 - 6:29pm.

It’s not scary to think about 2% of rape claims being false if we lived in a society where prosecutors prefiling or jurors postfiling truly applied the reasonable doubt standard to criminal trials. However, that’s not the case. Jurors often have doubts, but feel it’s unsafe to let a potential rapist go, so they convict.

In the context of Kavanaugh, it seems like the thinking of senators should be, well, there’s a 98% chance we are going to confirm a lying, sociopathic drunk rapist on the supreme court for life. Maybe we should investigate and err on the side of caution.

I would think that would be partisan point of view. The neutral point of view would be, there’s a 100% chance he’s a liar, so let’s just put another candidate on the court.

Submitted by flu on October 3, 2018 - 4:39pm.

That's a good point scaredy...I think I went from indifference, let the results of FBI investigation to decide, to "he lacks the temperment to be a judge"..
. pass...

anyway, I am trying to avoid American politics....it seems like one big soap opera for rich, old, ugly people.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 3, 2018 - 6:33pm.

flu wrote:
That's a good point scaredy...I think I went from indifference, let the results of FBI investigation to decide, to "he lacks the temperment to be a judge"..
. pass...

anyway, I am trying to avoid American politics....it seems like one big soap opera for rich, old, ugly people.

fair enough. i like to think the courts, while not sacred, wouldat least pretend to be nonpartisan and thoughtful and that politicians of both sides could at least speak up against a jurist ranting about unsupported conspiracy theories.

that is just fucked up, so, the republicans can go fuck themselves. my Green party vote wont affect either side, but still, what a bunch of ratfuck old shitheads.

fuck them

Submitted by outtamojo on October 3, 2018 - 7:28pm.

So I guess this is the best conservative judge out there ? Nah, probably the only one willing to play their brand of ball.
Meanwhile McConnell says he wont be intimidated by protesters, iow he has no compunction to listen to the will of the people.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 3, 2018 - 9:45pm.

outtamojo wrote:
So I guess this is the best conservative judge out there ? Nah, probably the only one willing to play their brand of ball.
Meanwhile McConnell says he wont be intimidated by protesters, iow he has no compunction to listen to the will of the people.

justice will be kavs wife dumps him, makes embarrassing disclsures leading to excessive drinking, and a dui where the md. police find kav with squi, mike and a hooker in an 83 toyota supra with a gram of coke on his cock and a hookers face in his lap

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.