OT: Mold and Mildew Companies

User Forum Topic
Submitted by CDMA ENG on August 6, 2014 - 11:15pm

Can anyone recommend a reputable company for Mold and Mildew Testing.

We tried our luck with Angie's List but more and more I am finding that the companies listed there are not very professional. I cannot tell you how many times I have called or email companies and not received a response.

Regards,

CE

Submitted by FlyerInHi on August 7, 2014 - 1:04pm.

just curious, what kind of mildew problem are you having?

Did you identify the source of moisture already?

Submitted by spdrun on August 7, 2014 - 2:28pm.

I've had good luck finding contracting firms from Yelp reviews, honestly.

Submitted by CA renter on August 7, 2014 - 5:16pm.

spdrun wrote:
I've had good luck finding contracting firms from Yelp reviews, honestly.

Second this.

Submitted by ljinvestor on August 7, 2014 - 7:30pm.

John Bowley with Master Specs.

I know some companies do testing and removal but he just tests. Also one of the best home inspectors I've ever met.

Submitted by CDMA ENG on August 7, 2014 - 7:55pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
just curious, what kind of mildew problem are you having?

Did you identify the source of moisture already?

No. That's part of the problem. I am feeling that the home inspector didn't catch this and it could be a major problem. Its not a visible source and the mildew smell is just terrible.

With a new kid in the house it is a major concern... Not to mention the cost.

CE

Submitted by spdrun on August 7, 2014 - 8:00pm.

I wonder if a dog could pinpoint the problem better than a human ...
http://www.moldmutts.net/

No affiliation, haven't used them, but it sounds like a job that a well-trained dog could be good at.

Submitted by edna_mode on August 7, 2014 - 8:41pm.

Highly recommend Hovey Environmental. www.hoveyenvironmental.com
Tested for background, took key samples near the problem area and through the place.

Submitted by CDMA ENG on August 7, 2014 - 8:58pm.

spdrun wrote:
I wonder if a dog could pinpoint the problem better than a human ...
http://www.moldmutts.net/

No affiliation, haven't used them, but it sounds like a job that a well-trained dog could be good at.

They are using dogs to sniff out cancer in people so this seems like it would be an easy one for dogs.

Have to agree with you on this one 100%.

CE

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.