OT: Justice for Alexian Lien: victim of mob beating...

User Forum Topic
Submitted by Coronita on October 3, 2013 - 3:38pm

Alex Lien and his wife and 2 year old was in their SUV on Henry Hudson Parkway in New York....when he was confronted with a 30+ motorcycle gang. After a presumed traffic accident, the gang chased Alex down for several miles, broke the windows out of the rear where his 2 year old was sitting, dragged Alex out of the SUV and beat him up and cut up his face with knives in front of his wife and two year old...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/03/us/bikers-...

Alex, in protecting his family, tried to escape (after voluntarily stopping in the first accident and after calling 911 with no response from NYPD for 20+minutes) and ran over one of the bikers in the process, who is now in a medically induced coma....

The biggest travesty of this obvious perverse of justice is that the family of one of the bikers has obtained Gloria Allred, assuming they plan on suing Alex to get "justice"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...

I normally don't get involved in other people's problem.. but...

This is just plain sick....If this isn't some sorted twisted logic of human decency and in which a gang of assailants is suddenly claiming to be the "victim" and trying to profit off of a real victim, Alex, I don't know what is...

Alex, his wife, and his two year old daughter could have EASILY been YOUR husband, father, wife, daughter, son....

Alex deserves justice...These punks deserve to go to jail. These punks deserve to pay for their crimes. These punks definitely don't deserve to profit off of the crimes they committed.. Please don't let these punks win...

Alex and his family needs your support right now...

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForAlexi...

Regardless of what you want to believe that happened before, there is no possible way any sane individual could possibly spin that 30 people beating a 140lb man in front of his 2 year old daughter and wife and cutting him up with a knife is justified, despite what some of the "punks" are now claiming to be "victims"...

-------------------------
If folks want to help, send a message on

facebook.com/JusticeForAlexianLienNow

Besides just "liking" this, this site been getting a lot of help from people who are on social media who have stumbled across videos, blogs, IM's, instagrams, etc from people who are affiliated with this mob who are now trying to delete things.. Obviously, in the day of data caching on the internet, one can't really "delete" things once it's out there, so folks have been really helpful and sending the blog stuff that people are trying to delete (but failed miserably)...

And it's working because as terrible as analogy it is, it's like having 20,000+ workers that's watching these folks on the grid, which is probably even more effective than the NSA....

If you want to help, and you're active on social media, that's where we can get help from.. More information, more data, more evidence you come across, more discussion groups, even if you think it's a duplicate. That's fine. Submit it to us, and we'll cull it to see if it's a dupe.....With the advent of social media, people cannot resist talking about it, and people have and been squealing info out without knowing it...

The rest is up to the justice system to decide..

Submitted by spdrun on October 3, 2013 - 3:53pm.

Yuck. I ride, and I normally wouldn't take the side of an SUV driver in a bike-vs-mastodon dispute (I at first assumed that he must have done something stupid to provoke this), but in this case, sounds like the bikies were completely out of control and out of line. Word had it that even before the chase and beating, they were blocking streets, racing down SIDEWALKS, and making general asshats of themselves.

And Gloria Allred - ugh. She has a way of picking the most sensational cases even if the folks whom she represents are mostly in the wrong.

Submitted by an on October 3, 2013 - 3:45pm.

Here's some more info on what happened:

http://jalopnik.com/everything-you-need-...

Submitted by no_such_reality on October 3, 2013 - 4:01pm.

The bikers had, note past tense, lots of videos up. The more videos you saw, the more obvious it was that the bikers caused the situation, escalated the situation and started the attack that lead to the one biker getting run over.

Submitted by SD Realtor on October 3, 2013 - 4:22pm.

I saw some of the videos as well. Correct me if I am wrong but the bikers were pissed off to begin with because they were not granted a permit that they wanted for the ride. Agreed they were not only at fault but this poor family bore the brunt of their ire.

What a bunch of friggin sad sacks. It is one thing if they want to raust another bunch of bikers. Beating up a family guy in an SUV.

Real brave.

Submitted by CDMA ENG on October 3, 2013 - 8:34pm.

Stupid Bikers...

They think they have it bad now... Wait till the City of NY bans more then 4 people riding together in a pack...

I am glad they got ran over. They acted like a gang... Bullied the motorist in their way and in general did anythign they wanted by using mob rule.

CE

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 3, 2013 - 8:55pm.

they may choose not to litigate.

or could be a move to maybe gain tactical adantage in future criminal proceedings against bikers for felony murder against the biker friend who was killed (i think they could be held criminally responsible for their coriders death).

also possibility of getting hit with the other side's attorney's fees for a truly lame lawsuit....

Submitted by spdrun on October 3, 2013 - 9:21pm.

Won't work in NY -- felony murder only applies to the course of a few specific felonies (not including assault or mayhem) and is pretty rarely applied out here anyway.

In any case, lawyering up in a civil suit is totally separate from whatever criminal charges the city DA may bring.

Submitted by CA renter on October 4, 2013 - 2:23am.

no_such_reality wrote:
The bikers had, note past tense, lots of videos up. The more videos you saw, the more obvious it was that the bikers caused the situation, escalated the situation and started the attack that lead to the one biker getting run over.

Agreed. I just watched the videos the other night. There is no question that the bikers caused all of the problems.

Apparently, they had blocked all the on-ramps to the freeway because they wanted the entire road to themselves. One of the bikers got in front of the SUV and **very intentionally** slowed down/brake-checked the SUV in order to slow it down so that the bikers could all get in front of it and ride together without any other vehicles on the road with them. When the SUV stopped as a result of the brake-check (after hitting this motorcycle -- no injuries to the biker who INTENTIONALLY caused the accident), some of the bikers parked right in front of the SUV -- blocking him from driving forward -- while others began banging on the SUV's windows, doors, etc. with their fists and helmets. The SUV driver freaked out (as most people would, especially with their wife/kid in the car) and tried to drive off in order to avoid the confrontation; his wife was on the phone with 911 at the time. Over 200 calls were made to 911 by various parties around this time because of actions and behaviors of this group of bikers.

I feel so horribly for the poor family in the SUV. They did NOTHING wrong, and the fact that they now have to deal with this asinine threat of a lawsuit makes the whole ordeal even more egregious. If these biker jackasses want to look for trouble, then they had better get ready to receive trouble.

Gloria Allred is making herself look like more and more of an ass with every passing day.

Submitted by ltsddd on October 4, 2013 - 7:41am.

del

Submitted by Coronita on October 4, 2013 - 10:17am.

Yes, because everyone is a "victim"

I hate fvcking liberals... now even more so with a passion...

Submitted by SK in CV on October 4, 2013 - 10:38am.

flu wrote:
Yes, because everyone is a "victim"

I hate fvcking liberals... now even more so with a passion...

I must have missed something here. What is the "liberal" side of this?

Submitted by zk on October 4, 2013 - 11:45am.

SK in CV wrote:
flu wrote:
Yes, because everyone is a "victim"

I hate fvcking liberals... now even more so with a passion...

I must have missed something here. What is the "liberal" side of this?

SK, you wouldn't know what flu is talking about unless you, too had been brainwashed by the right-wing noise machine. Or at least were familiar with their tactics. All liberals are pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart (god forbid anybody should be concerned about anybody but themselves) losers. And all pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart losers are liberals. Apparently even biker gangs.

Submitted by spdrun on October 4, 2013 - 11:55am.

This wasn't an bikie gang in the sense of the Hell's Angels or Bandidos (who probably tend to be on the conservative side). This was multiple bike-stunter clubs riding around NYC raising a ruckus, and pissed off because the cops wouldn't let them into Times Square.

Come to think of it, this was probably what the gangs were like in the 50s and early 60s, before they got older, organized, and into real crime rather than petty crap.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 12:35pm.

CA renter wrote:

Gloria Allred is making herself look like more and more of an ass with every passing day.

She wins cases and makes money. The law is the law. Good for her is she an make a convincing case and win.

I think there's more to it.

Yes the bikers are asses. But Lien likely did something to antagonize them. Lien probably felt big in his SUV and bumped into one of them.

Let the crazies pass. No need to get riled up because the other guys might get angrier than you.

Submitted by outtamojo on October 4, 2013 - 12:36pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
CA renter wrote:

Gloria Allred is making herself look like more and more of an ass with every passing day.

She wins cases and makes money. The law is the law. Good for her is she an make a convincing case and win.

I think there's more to it.

Yes the bikers are asses. But Lien likely did something to antagonize them. Lien probably felt big in his SUV and probably bumped into one of them.

Let the crazies pass. No need to get riled up because they other guys might get angrier than you.

Yeah, why don't we all just bend over and let them cornhole us while their at it - don't wanna make them angry. Seriously, why are you guessing about what happened...why not get informed and stick to facts?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 12:58pm.

Because the facts show that he bumped into one of them. And he ran over one biker and didn't stop as he should have.

Ignore the presumption that the bikers are part of a riding gang, or whatever. Explain the facts to determine guilt.

Submitted by spdrun on October 4, 2013 - 1:02pm.

Yes the bikers are asses. But Lien likely did something to antagonize them. Lien probably felt big in his SUV and bumped into one of them.

That was my first reaction, but from all I hear, the bikers really were that bad, while not 100% blameless, Lein was the innocent party here.

Submitted by enron_by_the_sea on October 4, 2013 - 1:10pm.

Lein appears more innocent than George Zimmerman.

But seriously, if this guy had used a gun instead of a car, he would have a huge number of supporters & media supporting him in no time.

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 1:50pm.

spdrun wrote:

That was my first reaction, but from all I hear, the bikers really were that bad, while not 100% blameless, Lein was the innocent party here.

You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

Assume you're a young guy riding peacefully with your buddies. An SUV comes along and swipes a rider and keeps on driving. Would all the other guys not want to stop the SUV?

Submitted by Coronita on October 4, 2013 - 2:16pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
spdrun wrote:

That was my first reaction, but from all I hear, the bikers really were that bad, while not 100% blameless, Lein was the innocent party here.

You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

Assume you're a young guy riding peacefully with your buddies. An SUV comes along and swipes a rider and keeps on driving. Would all the other guys not want to stop the SUV?

You have to be fvcking kidding me????Is that your logic.

Let me guess, there's some sort of twisted justication for a mob to beat 1 man in front of his wife and daughter, and cut up his face? Is that what you're saying...

You have to be fucking kidding me...

What is wrong with people these days? Are we completely devoid of right versus wrong now, that mob violence is ok????

What next? A woman deserve to get raped if she's not wearing a nun robe, because the rapist is a victim from his own sexual urges???

Is everyone a victim now?

This is exactly the logic I was referring to that some people think... "Everyone is a victim these days. It's not your fault, someone else made you do it..."

Black isn't really black, white really is white. Because it can be gray, since we have to analyze if the mob violence is justified. Because heck, with an accident (if your an asshat and belief wasn't provoked by a bike gang that had a history of run ins back in 2011), is ok to try to find a fvcking excuse for why it's "ok" to beat a man in front of his wife and kids...

Un fucking believable...

Oh and where's Al, and where's Sharpton...Shit if this was a black driver, people would be scream bloody murder that this was a hate crime...No questions asked. And if the bikers were a bunch of white people, well shit. Definitely it would have been racist..

But since the bikers were mixed black and latino, and since the driver was Asian... Well, shit no hate crime there. Since liberal hate crime laws don't apply in that case...And shit, since obviously the asian was driving a Range Rover and wealthy, he must have been rich and well off, arrogant prick that was driving errantically..

And because of that, he deserved (like all other 1%ers) to get his ass kicked in front of his wife and kids... And sure, it's unfortunate that he was able to limp his SUV all the way to a crowded area were there were plenty of witnesses that ended up cutting short his beating. Because shit, it would have been better if Alex got stranded in the middle of nowhere so that the bikers could have beat him to death, and then raped and murdered his wife and 2 year old daughter afterwards....Because even in that case, they still deserved it, because, as you say Alex might have been driving like an asshat...

Damn.. People in this country are really fucked up these days...

Submitted by spdrun on October 4, 2013 - 2:05pm.

You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

I ride both bicycles and motorcycles. I know exactly what you're talking about -- this wasn't the case here. The bikers were making a giant pain in the arse of themselves well before the altercation broke out.

Amusingly, even the local chapter of the Hell's Angels has called those idiots for being out of line.

Submitted by all on October 4, 2013 - 2:06pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
spdrun wrote:

That was my first reaction, but from all I hear, the bikers really were that bad, while not 100% blameless, Lein was the innocent party here.

You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

Assume you're a young guy riding peacefully with your buddies. An SUV comes along and swipes a rider and keeps on driving. Would all the other guys not want to stop the SUV?

Watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

Submitted by Coronita on October 4, 2013 - 2:09pm.

delete.

Submitted by an on October 4, 2013 - 2:19pm.

FlyerInHi wrote:
You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

Assume you're a young guy riding peacefully with your buddies. An SUV comes along and swipes a rider and keeps on driving. Would all the other guys not want to stop the SUV?


Never mind the fact that there are over 200 911 calls relating to this group blocking freeway on ramps, stopping traffic, etc. If they're not troublemakers, then why do you think there are over 200 911 calls related to them? If you're the young guy you're describing, do you think there will be 200+ 911 calls against you?

Submitted by Coronita on October 4, 2013 - 2:22pm.

zk wrote:
SK in CV wrote:
flu wrote:
Yes, because everyone is a "victim"

I hate fvcking liberals... now even more so with a passion...

I must have missed something here. What is the "liberal" side of this?

SK, you wouldn't know what flu is talking about unless you, too had been brainwashed by the right-wing noise machine. Or at least were familiar with their tactics. All liberals are pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart (god forbid anybody should be concerned about anybody but themselves) losers. And all pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart losers are liberals. Apparently even biker gangs.

fuck you.. Sit in the middle of a riot zone like during the LA riots like I did and have your life seriously threatened, and let's see if you still think punks that want to kill you and your family "are victims"....

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 2:33pm.

all wrote:

Watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

That's the video where they made Lien stop. Then he runs over one guy to get away.

But why did the bikers pursue him and make him stop?

I've had many groups of bikers drive by me before without incident.

I could imagine that, in my younger days, had I been out riding and a big SUV driver swiped one of my buddies, we would have demanded that he stop. We probably would have cursed him out in front of his wife and daughter too.

I'm not defending the guy who beat Lien. But show me the facts where Lien was in the right to run over someone. Let's rationally look at each event please.

Submitted by ltsddd on October 4, 2013 - 2:36pm.

flu wrote:
zk wrote:
SK in CV wrote:
flu wrote:
Yes, because everyone is a "victim"

I hate fvcking liberals... now even more so with a passion...

I must have missed something here. What is the "liberal" side of this?

SK, you wouldn't know what flu is talking about unless you, too had been brainwashed by the right-wing noise machine. Or at least were familiar with their tactics. All liberals are pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart (god forbid anybody should be concerned about anybody but themselves) losers. And all pansies, crybabies, victims, freeloaders, and bleeding-heart losers are liberals. Apparently even biker gangs.

fuck you.. Sit in the middle of a riot zone like during the LA riots like I did and have your life seriously threatened, and let's see if you still think punks that want to kill you and your family "are victims"....

These bikers are just "average people who like to ride their bikes"

....without a license plate
....on side walks
....brake-checking in front of moving vehicles
...
..

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 2:36pm.

AN wrote:

Never mind the fact that there are over 200 911 calls relating to this group blocking freeway on ramps, stopping traffic, etc. If they're not troublemakers, then why do you think there are over 200 911 calls related to them? If you're the young guy you're describing, do you think there will be 200+ 911 calls against you?

This one very group? Or similar groups in the same region?

I don't really follow the story so I might be missing some information. I'm willing to be swayed one way or the other though

Submitted by Coronita on October 4, 2013 - 2:41pm.

AN wrote:
FlyerInHi wrote:
You're presuming that these bikers are troublemakers like the other bike gangs you saw on tv. There are lots of presumptions and few facts only analysis.

Assume you're a young guy riding peacefully with your buddies. An SUV comes along and swipes a rider and keeps on driving. Would all the other guys not want to stop the SUV?


Never mind the fact that there are over 200 911 calls relating to this group blocking freeway on ramps, stopping traffic, etc. If they're not troublemakers, then why do you think there are over 200 911 calls related to them? If you're the young guy you're describing, do you think there will be 200+ 911 calls against you?

Well that's the kicker.. There can be dozens of past facts that indicate that, but shit....Everyone is a victim of circumstance.. Because it's not that people have failed themselves. Shit society has failed them.

See civil rights and people's rights are extremely important.. If your black or hispanic and the prep is white... That's why white people who said something 30 years ago or have done things 50 years ago still make a difference. And why white apologists continue to beat the "your a racist to a black/hispanic person" the tiny shred of time a white person slightly stumbles on the ultra-pc ness.. And shit if it's white versus black, clearly the white person MUST be a racist... Bring in Al, bring in Sharpton, bring in PCness because shit, we all need to be fvcking sensitive to everyone's feeling..And bring in Obama to weigh in about how XYZ could have been his son...

But hey, when the victim isn't black the perp isn't white. It's a-okay...And shit, we even need to be sensitive to mobsters, gangbangers too, because they are victims too..

But hey, if it's not a black person at the center of the crime, and if the other person isn't white.. Well shit, then it's not a hate crime. Liberal PCness and indoctrination doesn't apply...

Submitted by FlyerInHi on October 4, 2013 - 2:40pm.

flu wrote:

fuck you..

Maybe that's the attitude of the SUV driver as he met the group of bikers

So he's surrounded by bikes... That's how bikers feel about cars.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.