Off Topic: Obama's Aunt here illegally lol. Also latest on O's fake Birth Cert

User Forum Topic
Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 7:41am

AP: Obama’s aunt living in U.S. illegally
Immigration judge denied Kenyan woman’s request for asylum in 2004

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27481680

Latest on his fake Birth Certicate:

Now it's pretty apparent why Barack Obama made his sudden, last minute visit to Honolulu. It wasn't Granny's health problems that interested him but Hawaii's Health Department.

The strategy may have backfired. A statement by Hawaiian officials Friday that they have seen but won't release an "original" birth certificate that has never been released raises more questions than it answers. It undercuts the indignant claims of Obama spokesmen and supporters that the "birth certificate" has been published for months, and the ridicule and claims of "smear" that the Obama camp has made against anyone claiming otherwise.

http://israelinsider.ning.com/profiles/b...

McCain is going to win all the states Bush did + Penn, Maine.

John

Submitted by La Jolla Renter on November 1, 2008 - 8:07am.

Amen

Submitted by Arraya on November 1, 2008 - 8:16am.

http://tallahassee.injuryboard.com/misce...

According to a press release from attorney Philip J. Berg, he filed a request with the United States Supreme Court on Thursday afternoon, for an injunction staying the presidential election until the Supreme Court determines whether Barack Hussein Obama is eligible to be President of the United States.

According to Mr Berg, he has filed two documents:

Application for an Immediate Injunction to Stay the Presidential Election of November 4, 2008; and
Petition for Writ of Certiorari.
Berg stated, “I am hopeful that the U.S. Supreme Court will grant the Injunction pending a review of this case to avoid a Constitutional Crisis by insisting that Obama produce certified documentation that he is or is not a “natural born” citizen and if he cannot produce documentation, that Obama be removed from the ballot for President".

Berg’s original lawsuit, Berg vs. Obama, was dismissed by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania last Friday, for lack of standing. Berg questions the logic of the District Court's decision:

Submitted by 34f3f3f on November 1, 2008 - 8:33am.

Even if this has some iota of truth to it, the incredulity of it is unlikely to do very much, other than pour disdain on it's perpetrators who will be accused of a last minute "gimmick" aimed at the undecided voter. I doubt many would get this deep into a presidential challenge without having their paper's in order, but then this is America, as a lot of these obscure posts continually remind one.

Submitted by Arraya on November 1, 2008 - 8:41am.

John-What I find interesting is the prior judges ruling. "Lack of standing":

Standing is founded "in concern about the proper--and properly limited--role of the courts in a democratic society.

It had nothing to do with the evidence.

Submitted by sfexporter on November 1, 2008 - 8:48am.

typical BS last minute campaign strategy...
this election has been nasty with all negative campaign ads especially by the McCain. Can't wait for these craps to end by Nov 4.

Submitted by urbanrealtor on November 1, 2008 - 9:19am.

Okay. Right.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bir...

Funny how the source you cited is the Israeli Insider.

That is actually less credible than Hannity's site.

Submitted by Portlock on November 1, 2008 - 9:27am.

jfqueiquuette, I think your exact words were that McCain 'will have Obama crying before this is over'.

Sounds like you're the one crying, boo hoo :( Go fix hypocrisy somewhere else.

Submitted by La Jolla Renter on November 1, 2008 - 9:32am.

I am with you sfexporter, can't wait for it to be over.

I am tired of all the empty promises (both parties), bias media, and the rigged voter registration.

Oh yeah, and most important, I can't wait to get this site back on track. I've enjoyed the political debates and rants but it is getting a bit monotonous.

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 9:36am.

arraya wrote:
John-What I find interesting is the prior judges ruling. "Lack of standing":

Standing is founded "in concern about the proper--and properly limited--role of the courts in a democratic society.

It had nothing to do with the evidence.

I think if you were to go and find the complete article about it and read it carefully it was dismissed because the Judge ruled Berg did not have a right to challenge. Obama also did not comply with the order to produce documents to the court within the 30 days.

Right now there is no evidence that Obama is an American citizen much less a natural born.

His international travels were on a diplomatic passport, not a US citizen passport.

But, you and I have gone round and round about it. I present the facts and you ignore them.

I am sort of over arguing about it with you. You refuse to see the light, just like every liberal I have ever known. In fact I think being to consider that being blind to reality is a prequiste for being a liberal.

John

Submitted by Arraya on November 1, 2008 - 9:45am.

jficquette wrote:
arraya wrote:
John-What I find interesting is the prior judges ruling. "Lack of standing":

Standing is founded "in concern about the proper--and properly limited--role of the courts in a democratic society.

It had nothing to do with the evidence.

I think if you read it carefully it was dismissed because the Judge ruled Berg did not have a right to challenge.

Right now there is no evidence that Obama is an American citizen much less a natural born.

His international travels were on a diplomatic passport, not a US citizen passport.

But, you and I have gone round and round about it. I present the facts and you ignore them.

I am sort of over arguing about it with you. You refuse to see the light, just like every liberal I have ever known. In fact I think being to consider that being blind to reality is a prequiste for being a liberal.

John

John, You are misunderstanding me. I am defending you on this, somewhat. I brought up the judges ruling because it gives credence to your argument because his ruling had NOTHING to do with the evidence. Sheesh!

What you need to do is take off the ideologic blinders and look at the systemic corruption. SYSTEMIC

Unfortunately, John, your consistent harping on this issue is not about truth, it's about beating the other team and that is very apparent.

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 9:52am.

Arraya,

Sorry, I did misunderstand you and realized it after I wrote by diatribe. I apoligize. If I could have deleted my post I would have.

John

Submitted by cr on November 1, 2008 - 11:06am.

If it is true, he can't be President, and it won't matter what the voters think, and it won't matter if he wins.

Submitted by afx114 on November 1, 2008 - 11:37am.

Don't feed the troll.

Submitted by zk on November 1, 2008 - 11:56am.

afx114,

John is not a troll. He's not here to enjoy himself by stirring things up (which is what a troll is, correct me if I'm wrong). He truly believes all this stuff, and he thinks he's informing others.

So normally the correct response, in my opinion, would be to counter his claims with facts, evidence, reason and logic. Well, I've tried that and it doesn't work on John. He believes whatever he wants, regardless of any and all evidence to the contrary. That's true of an unfortunately large number of people.

To me, it's an important lesson, and one I've learned from John: There are a lot of people who think like he does, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Submitted by kewp on November 1, 2008 - 12:06pm.

zk wrote:

To me, it's an important lesson, and one I've learned from John: There are a lot of people who think like he does, and there's nothing you can do about it.

True. And I'm going to thoroughly enjoy watching them twist on the knife after Obama's landslide victory.

Submitted by afx114 on November 1, 2008 - 12:19pm.

zk,

I'm not so sure about that. I'm torn. To me it seems like John just likes to see our panties get all up in a bunch. I can just see his face giggling and snickering through his monitor.

Or maybe we are wrong, and John's actually a genius. Maybe Obama really is exploiting his nearly-dead grandmother in order to commit fraud upon the world and turn us all into socialist Muslims with terrorist tendencies that support gay marriage, pedophilia, and bestiality. Who knows, crazier things have happened!

Submitted by partypup on November 1, 2008 - 12:31pm.

"John-What I find interesting is the prior judges ruling. "Lack of standing":
Standing is founded "in concern about the proper--and properly limited--role of the courts in a democratic society. It had nothing to do with the evidence."

Speaking as a lawyer, I can tell you that having a case dismissed based on lack of standing is akin to escaping based on the biggest technicality available. The merits of the case weren't addressed in the least. In other words, the court in essence said, "We have no interest in determining whether Obama is or isn't a natural born citizen because the plaintiff isn't the person or entity who has the right to ask that question."

Curiously, two suits were also brought against McCain for lack of citizenship eligibility. In McCain's case however, at least one of the suits was dismissed based on lack of standing AND the merits. The judge examined the plaintiff's argument and, as a matter of law, determined that McCain's birth on a U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone did not affect his eligibility to be president. McCain has also produced his birth certificate.

That's not the case with Obama. All efforts are being made to avoid producing his birth certificate, even if technicalities must be relied upon to avoid production. It's odd, to say the least.

My concern is that this issue is not going to go away if Obama is elected. There is a growing faction in this country that is now aware of this story, and they are going to continue to push for the birth certificate to be released if their candidate of choice loses the election. They are going to make every attempt to discredit Obama. And as our economic and social fabric deteriorates, the hunt for a scapegoat will begin. The honeymoon with Obama will not last long in our current environment. He will be on the defensive. And so sooner or later the question is going to be raised: "If Berg or any average citizen does not have standing to bring this suit, then who does?"

One way or another, Obama will eventually have to confront this controversy. He won't be able to avoid it with the "standing" defense forever. If the facts are in his favor, then he should dispel the controversy now. If the facts are not in his favor, then he is only delaying the inevitable and creating a potential constitutional crisis and a major embarrassment for Democrats. All in all, the way in which this has been handled seems quite irresponsible to me.

Submitted by afx114 on November 1, 2008 - 12:37pm.

partypup,

If this is such a grave and treasonous situation that Obama is committing, and you're a lawyer, why not do some pro bono work to uncover the truth for the sake of the country and the world? Obviously your lawyer skills are superior to anything the RNC has been able to produce.

Submitted by urbanrealtor on November 1, 2008 - 3:26pm.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/...

It includes a reprint of the birth announcement from the newspaper in Honolulu. I believe that UCSD has microfilm archives available if you would like to research it yourself. Getting permission to view it is easy. I have a card as an alumnus myself.
Perhaps you think that the film was faked when it was given to the University in the 70's. Y'know to give backstory to the Al-Quaeda sleeper agent.

The microfilm or copies of the paper itself from 1961 can be gotten at most libraries by inter library loan.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama...

(from newsmax, that bastion of liberalism)

Also, original birth certificates can't be reproduced and so do not get handed out almost ever. Mine is a state department COLB for citizens born abroad. I have never seen the original which is in some government archive.

Submitted by afx114 on November 1, 2008 - 3:45pm.

urban, that's not enough. John & partypup need to see his placenta with the 'Made in U.S.A' stamp on it.

Submitted by 34f3f3f on November 1, 2008 - 4:15pm.

afx114 wrote:
urban, that's not enough. John & partypup need to see his placenta with the 'Made in U.S.A' stamp on it.

Haha!

Submitted by partypup on November 1, 2008 - 4:42pm.

"partypup,
If this is such a grave and treasonous situation that Obama is committing, and you're a lawyer, why not do some pro bono work to uncover the truth for the sake of the country and the world? Obviously your lawyer skills are superior to anything the RNC has been able to produce."

Afx114,

You obviously did not read my post carefully enough. I invite you to re-read it again, more slowly. The average citizen (of which I confess to be, even with my "superior" lawyer skills), does NOT have standing, according to the federal courts, to contest Obama's eligibility under the Constitution. That means that even I, with my masterful legal wizardry, could not successfully prosecute a suit against Obama on this issue.

Given this fact, it hardly matters whether I choose to work pro bono or for payment. Ditto for the RNC, for which I would never render services, btw. In the courts' dicta, it appears that only Congress would have standing to inquire into this matter.

Do you get it now?

That said, it hardly seems likely that an infuriated GOP base -- in the event of an Obama victory -- would simply drop this matter. I suspect it would get pounded in the right-wing media, drilled into the GOP base and eventually pushed into the media limelight and funneled up the Congressional ladder, much as the Whitewater and Lewinsky scandals were thrust upon the Clintons. If the Democrats don't mind that indignity besetting the country's first black president, then so be it.

The bottom line is that McCain produced his birth certificate. It's a $9 document (perhaps as much as $15 with overnight shipping and handling). Why does the Obama camp not simply produce the certificate and be done with this controversy? How is it advantageous to him to avoid addressing the merits of this issue?

And here's another question for you: While I have no idea whether or not Obama is or isn't a natural-born citizen, would it make a difference to you if he wasn't? From the mocking tone of your post, it sounds like this would be more of a pesky nuisance to you than a legitimate Constitutional concern.

Submitted by partypup on November 1, 2008 - 4:44pm.

afx114 wrote:
urban, that's not enough. John & partypup need to see his placenta with the 'Made in U.S.A' stamp on it.

Actually, I believe all that is necessary is to give the Secretary of the State of Hawaii permission to release a certified copy of Obama's birth certificate.

The original obviously isn't necessary.

Placenta not required.

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 4:59pm.

Party Pup,

That is what Berg has been saying all along, that it won't go away and that it needed to be resolved before the convention so that Clinton could have gotten the nomination and spared the nation what is to come.

John

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 5:16pm.

Afx,

Actually my only motive is to inform. I stick to what I think is the truth and I am pretty much unrelenting about it.

John

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 5:09pm.

Urban,

Factcheck is lying.

John

Submitted by urbanrealtor on November 1, 2008 - 6:08pm.

jficquette wrote:
Urban,

Factcheck is lying.

John


And newsmax is part of this conspiracy?

Factcheck was cited by cheney in the last election as backup for his cause.

Is snopes part the conspiracy?

Do you have solid evidence of some kind?

Submitted by jficquette on November 1, 2008 - 7:23pm.

urbanrealtor wrote:
jficquette wrote:
Urban,

Factcheck is lying.

John


And newsmax is part of this conspiracy?

Factcheck was cited by cheney in the last election as backup for his cause.

Is snopes part the conspiracy?

Do you have solid evidence of some kind?

Hawaii says that they have never released a certified copy of the orginal so how could the one of the web site be real?

If you really are interested then go to you tube. There are several videos of the analysis of the fake BC but is unneccessary at this point because Hawaii says they have never issued one.

John

Submitted by socrattt on November 1, 2008 - 7:45pm.

Firstly, has anyone seen this birth certificate? I have and it looks a bit unusual if you ask me. I actually spent some time researching this topic and found that Obama's BC looked a little too fresh and new to be an original. Looked something like the new CA pink slips.

I encourage afx, urban and the gang to do a little homework. Before you dismiss this as being conspiracy play the devil's advocate for a moment. After doing further research Berg is a registered Democrat and actually brought a suit up against Bush and Cheney. There are some very interesting issues here and I do believe they are worth keeping an eye on. Another interesting piece of info to add to the equation was the recent expulsion of Jerome Corsi from Kenya. This may not be related but I did hear he was in Kenya to speak with some family members of Obama before he was arrested and deported.

Please don't get your responses from Snopes and Factcheck because they tend to only use bits and pieces of information. There are plenty of places to research this topic from both sides of the spectrum. Use logic and be open to the fact that there may just be a little problem here.

Urban, I don't think you are all that ignorant (my word for the week, that you don't like), I just feel that some of your responses are too quick to the keyboard which sometimes leads me to believe you haven't spent the time researching the issue at hand. No hard feelings against anyone on this board. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but make sure that your opinion isn't merely backed by Snopes and Factcheck!!

Submitted by zk on November 1, 2008 - 8:10pm.

socrattt wrote:
Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but make sure that your opinion isn't merely backed by Snopes and Factcheck!!

Yeah, make sure it's backed by some right-wing blogs. They never lie, mislead or deceive.

Or, make sure it's backed by your expert opinion on how fresh and new a birth certificate should look.

Or make sure it's backed by a crazy lawyer who files nutty lawsuits because... he's a nut.

And also make sure it's backed by "what you hear."

Factcheck. Ha!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.