NRA WTF?

User Forum Topic
Submitted by harvey on February 17, 2018 - 11:39am

“They use their media to assassinate real news”

“They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again.”

This is narrative from a series of videos published by the National Rifle Association. Decades ago the NRA was a gun safety organization for hunters. Over time they have morphed into a gun manufacturing lobby that has tremendous influence over many in congress, and the white house.

For a long time the NRA agenda has been to sell guns. Now it seems the NRA message is to encourage Americans to use guns against dissenting opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

"They" are your neighbors, your coworkers, your children's teachers.

The NRA is telling Americans that "they" are the enemy.

(Ok, the NRA hasn't completely lost it's roots. You can still "Learn Gun Safety with Eddie Eagle and the Wing Team": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho36vonT3Rw)

Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 17, 2018 - 12:09pm.

The woman in the video is a prettier and better spoken version of the wife of a forgotten man.

The NRA now represents the armed forgotten men and their women — people under siege who need guns to defend liberty to the last breath.

Submitted by spdrun on February 17, 2018 - 1:43pm.

She'd be prettier if her face didn't have pure hatred stamped on it -- she looks like she's about to go on a shooting spree herself.

Submitted by outtamojo on February 17, 2018 - 2:24pm.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/menext-f...

I hope they organize a national walk out day.

Submitted by ucodegen on February 17, 2018 - 5:15pm.

For a long time the NRA agenda has been to sell guns. Now it seems the NRA message is to encourage Americans to use guns against dissenting opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

Umm. it does not say that. I would call this comment of yours an attempt to inflame on false pretenses. Nor does the video pose the targetting of the lives of dissenting opinion. It targets the mis-use of MSM to mold ideas and consensus instead of factually informing. Quote from video and description:

The only way to save our country and our freedom from their lies is to fight the violence with the clenched fist of truth.

The reason that some false news feeds are so successful is that people know something is wrong and they MSM is not really digging into it.

  • Obamacare was supposed to reduce costs of health care, but everything has gotten significantly more expensive and now people are trapped. Unlike before - insurance is almost necessary for everyone. We have paid into the system and if you exit - you have to admit that all the thousands of dollars an individual paid in were wasted - basically flushed down the sink. The ACA exploited us using principles of gambler addiction. Basic Generic Antibiotic costs have jumped 10x (1000%). The MSM parrots that the costs are dropping - but sometimes put a single line 'disclaimer' that clarifies that 'some' prices are dropping. Consumer reports are showing that prices are increasing across the board. Specialty (non-generic) prices are increasing very rapidly. Links for reference:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/08/healt...
    https://www.consumerreports.org/drug-pri...
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/on-the...
    https://press.aarp.org/2017-09-07-Specia...
    https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/why-...
  • We have politicians like Pelosi saying that we must pass the bill (ACA) so we can know what is in it. And the MSM did not dig into the questions that statement creates. If they (Congress) wrote it, wouldn't they know what was in it? Isn't it their job?

    Things like these are the things that your video is referencing. As for lobbying, all paid lobbyists have tremendous influence over our legislature. Not just the NRA.

    Part of this:

    “They use their media to assassinate real news”

    “They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again.”

    Is provably true. Just look at who and what all of the MSM targets. There is plenty to target on both sides of the political isle.

  • Submitted by gogogosandiego on February 17, 2018 - 6:52pm.

    Um, it was we have to pass it “so that YOU can see what’s in it”

    Submitted by harvey on February 17, 2018 - 8:48pm.

    ucodegen wrote:
    It targets the mis-use of MSM to mold ideas ...

    You are such an independent thinker - not influenced by the "mainstream" at all.

    But why the rant about ACA? Trump fixed that during his first 100 days in office. Just like he promised you he would.

    Submitted by ocrenter on February 18, 2018 - 7:40am.

    https://youtu.be/ZxD3o-9H1lY

    powerful speech, hope the momentum builds.

    Although the NRA is so powerful we may need a nationwide school boycott until something finally gets done.

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 18, 2018 - 12:08pm.

    I’m predicting that the culture war will create more nutcases and more shootings.

    When nationalistic people of low education think the media, sports, Hollywood, the educational and political systems are against them, they are more likely to flip out. The “clenched fist of truth” can easily turn to “a fusillade to the heart of the enemy” kind of like the Oklahoma City bombing.

    The economy has recovered nicely on the coasts and big metros. The gap between the new economy and the old economy is growing. And there is a bunch of armed angry men in left behind areas.

    Submitted by outtamojo on February 18, 2018 - 12:54pm.

    Actually, it sounds as if the NRA along with the whole conservative movement has been infiltrated by Russian agents or something.

    Submitted by phaster on February 19, 2018 - 11:25am.

    harvey wrote:

    ...Decades ago the NRA was a gun safety organization for hunters. Over time they have morphed into a gun manufacturing lobby that has tremendous influence over many in congress, and the white house.

    For a long time the NRA agenda has been to sell guns. Now it seems the NRA message is to encourage Americans to use guns against dissenting opinion.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtGOQFf9VCE

    ever consider what's happening is a massive psy-op, where various interests align?

    Quote:

    Remington’s Bankruptcy May Be the Tip of the Iceberg

    Firearms companies face declining sales, falling stock prices and tremendous debt. Gunmaker American Outdoor Brands Corp., formerly known as Smith & Wesson, has seen its stock plummet by almost half from 2017. On Monday, Remington Outdoor Co., an iconic, 200-year-old American firearms manufacturer, announced it’s planning to file for bankruptcy.

    www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-...

    in other words, its just geo-political **cough** ("FSB" the initials might have changed from KGB, but its the same mindset/players) "mind games" that corporate gun companies need to boost sales

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKojZcWfnNw

    IMHO its a variation of "an economic hit man" theme,...

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVsB07CcSNw

    or think of it this way, the NRA partisan B$ is no different than CA Renter or BearishGurl partisan actions/mindset toward public pensions,...

    www.piggington.com/how_will_unfunded_pen...

    FWIW on friday was invited to lunch (figured I did have to grab a bite to eat and the food was free) so I went,... turns out it was a get to know a candidate for the 49th (to get feed back, etc.)

    www.sarajacobsforca.com

    anyway one topic discussed is external political influence (where machines don't have to hacked because the voters/media minds have been hacked long before the actual election day)

    PS I don't live in the 49th district so don't have a dog in that political fight so to speak,... having said that did find it refreshing that she mentioned that USA has "no cyber doctrine" and that she is very, vary, vary interested in the topic (given qualcomm "tech" background, its actually not too surprising)

    along those lines one thing I brought up in a discussion is what happens if a nation-state were to hack SWIFT

    www.investopedia.com/articles/personal-f...

    www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-heist-w...

    sadly if it were to happen, sara mentioned the US political establishment would be clueless

    Submitted by ucodegen on February 19, 2018 - 12:56pm.

    harvey wrote:
    ucodegen wrote:
    It targets the mis-use of MSM to mold ideas ...

    You are such an independent thinker - not influenced by the "mainstream" at all.

    But why the rant about ACA? Trump fixed that during his first 100 days in office. Just like he promised you he would.


    Nothing like a strawman argument. He didn't fix it because the Republican party could not get it's ass together. It was supposed to be 'repeal and replace', however some in the GOP didn't want a repeal, some didn't want any replace. He did 'disable' it - by removing the mandate. If you want to participate in the ACA, then you have a choice to.. but you don't have to. Trump is dealing with an entrenched political establishment from both sides that does not want any changes that really fix things for the people. The political establishment has very simply done two terms Repub, two terms Democrat and so forth for the past several years, resolving nothing and always making it more difficult for us, the people.

    There seems to be 'mainstream' and 'alt-mainstream'. As I have pointed out so many times before.. it is to keep us busy arguing using stupid strawman arguments and red-herrings that we the people don't get our ass together and tell these idiots to GTF out of Washington.

    To throw your strawman argument back to you, harvey; you are such a independent thinker that you take what the MSM says without question because they, of course, have our best interests at heart and swallow whatever the Democratic party provides because they are the most progressive and must therefore be at the forefront of whatever is new, good and 'happening'. -- a little snark added.

    Submitted by ucodegen on February 19, 2018 - 12:25pm.

    phaster wrote:

    sadly if it were to happen, sara mentioned the US political establishment would be clueless

    Some of your statements on this post, I would agree with.. others not. However this one I would have to strongly agree with.

    The US has a very skilled cyber warfare unit. However they way we deal with it at a political and civil level makes us look like bumbling fools.

  • Why do we allow companies to put out SW so riddled with holes that it is a joke in terms of security, yet beat up hackers who discover some of these holes. Companies profit by putting out crap because you have to pay for maintenance to fix the holes, and they have lower NRE costs by applying the mantra of "Ship it, fix it in the field".
  • On a non-damaging hack into a company, we beat up the hacker - even if it was a white hack proving the company's IT was asleep at the wheel. What about the company who's poor maintenance allowed it to be a springboard for hacks into other companies?
  • Why do we give such a pass to China for the amount of wide hacking sweeps that China does? Russia is bad, but China is out of control. China likes to use 'altered' PDF files sent as billing info, docs etc to try to break in to a company through Adobe Reader.
  • We tacitly (not explicitly) ban hacking classes at the Universities - not 'politically correct'. What is presented is 'ethical' hacking - which is really watered down and almost useless. Even the Philippine Universities have 'practical' hacking classes. How can you know how to write clean tight code if you don't know how people break it?

    -- I could rant on about this... should stop - time for my noon beer!

  • Submitted by ucodegen on February 19, 2018 - 1:27pm.

    gogogosandiego wrote:
    Um, it was we have to pass it “so that YOU can see what’s in it”

    True, correction noted - however it is also known that many in the Democratic Party really didn't know what was in it - it was nearly 2 reams of paper. If Nancy Pelosi really knew what was in it, she could have summed it up in a 20 min 'chalk talk', instead of resorting to jingoisms.

    Here are some interesting refs:
    https://www.termlimits.com/congress-fund...
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-...

    I thought they were supposed to work for us? They spend so much time doing fund raising that someone else writes the bills - and they just 'sign it'.

    NOTE: The amount of fundraising done by politicians is about 1.7Bil est per year. What would happen if that money was spent on actually helping people?

    The 'fun' part:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylomy1Aw9Hk

    Submitted by ucodegen on February 19, 2018 - 1:20pm.

    FlyerInHi wrote:

    When nationalistic people of low education think the media, sports, Hollywood, the educational and political systems are against them, they are more likely to flip out. The “clenched fist of truth” can easily turn to “a fusillade to the heart of the enemy” kind of like the Oklahoma City bombing.

    The tired old meme of the deplorables - from someone who has an inferiority and compensating superiority complex.

    Your view that the clenched fist of truth ends up being assault from the pro NRA types is very weakly supported. Note that ANTIFA, which is proven to assault, and intimidate is actually an extreme arm of the 'liberal' side.

    Submitted by harvey on February 19, 2018 - 3:37pm.

    Are there really people so oblivious that they still fall for the "MSM" meme?

    I can't even read the words "mainstream media" without hearing it in Sarah Palin's voice.

    Dude, claiming that you don't follow the "mainstream" media is about at meaningful and as original as saying you listen to "alternative" music like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

    You actually invoked ANTIFA? Now we have NRA WTF and ANTIFA LOL

    Tell us, how much has ANTIFA donated to congress?

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 19, 2018 - 7:14pm.

    harvey wrote:

    Tell us, how much has ANTIFA donated to congress?

    Very good point.

    I had a good laugh at how some people actually argue that antifa and black panther, the movie are oppressing the “clenched fists of truth”.

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 19, 2018 - 7:22pm.

    [quote=ucodegen]

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 19, 2018 - 7:24pm.

    ucodegen wrote:

    Why do we give such a pass to China for the amount of wide hacking sweeps that China does? Russia is bad, but China is out of control.

    Trump has been really soft on China. Maybe because Trump and Ivanka have valuable trademarks and copyrights in the world’s largest economy. Think it was coincidence that China awarded those trademarks?

    HNA (also Hainan Airlines) with over $100 billion in revenue has a contract with Trump Hotels.

    Submitted by ucodegen on February 20, 2018 - 3:30pm.

    FlyerInHi wrote:
    ucodegen wrote:

    Why do we give such a pass to China for the amount of wide hacking sweeps that China does? Russia is bad, but China is out of control.

    Trump has been really soft on China. Maybe because Trump and Ivanka have valuable trademarks and copyrights in the world’s largest economy. Think it was coincidence that China awarded those trademarks?

    HNA (also Hainan Airlines) with over $100 billion in revenue has a contract with Trump Hotels.


    Maybe so, however realize that several other large, very large donors to the Democrat party have "'uge" financial entanglements in China; see Bill Gates/Microsoft. Obama was also not hard on China.

    In terms of Politics, I don't ever think I'll get everything I want with any particular elected official, I just try to get as many of the important ones as possible. That said, realize that my position is that I am not 'enamored' by Trump - just best of what I saw are bad options. Face it; if you are enamored by any politician, you may want to go see a shrink. Most lives of politician's are more f*cked up than your life or my life - unless, of course you live a really twisted life.

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 20, 2018 - 5:13pm.

    Hillary went to China, and she violated diplomatic commitments by talking human rights and women’s rights. The Chinese lost face and never forgot.
    Hillary and Obama supported revolution in Ukraine. Bill Clinton worked to expand NATO. Putin never forgot.

    But Hillary and Obama are irelevant. Trump holds the power now and he is doing nothing while the Chinese and Russian support Trump businesses.

    Trump’s lame tariffs on china will result in retaliation that hurt American farmers who export 1/3 of their soybeans to China.

    You tried to minimize the Russia threat with “what about China?”. Well, what about China? Do you still think Trump knows what the Republic of China is all about?

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 21, 2018 - 8:49pm.

    harvey wrote:
    “They use their media to assassinate real news
    “They use their schools to teach children that their president is another Hitler. They use their movie stars and singers and comedy shows and award shows to repeat their narrative over and over again.”

    Now they use our children as tools to their leftist political ends, to destroy freedom and enslave us.

    They plant FBI agents and actors as students. How can high school kids possibly plan protests and demonstrations? How can kids be so well-spoken without being coached? We are facing a vast conspiracy by the global elites working with the Deep State to remove our populist President, Donald Trump. They are redoubling their efforts to brainwash our children with lies. But we know better!

    Brothers in arms, get ready for the coming oppression. Prepare to hunker down and defend freedom. By the grace of God, we shall prevail.

    Submitted by outtamojo on February 21, 2018 - 11:36pm.

    Is it gonna be the 60's again?, young people vs old fogies? Cue Buffalo Springfield !

    Submitted by harvey on February 22, 2018 - 8:32am.

    outtamojo wrote:
    Is it gonna be the 60's again?, young people vs old fogies? Cue Buffalo Springfield !

    Those were scary times. Armed negros patrolling the streets!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act

    Thank God Ronald Reagan wielded his clenched fist of truth!

    Governor Ronald Reagan was present when the protesters arrived and later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 22, 2018 - 11:37am.

    You don’t understand.. White culture is under assault.

    Beware of liberal brainwashing of kids. It's in the fancy "furin" food.
    Sriracha sauce has a KGB developed brainwashing agent.

    Oh, and Hollywood. They are reviving the Black Panthers.

    Submitted by cvmom on February 22, 2018 - 1:23pm.

    outtamojo wrote:

    I hope they organize a national walk out day.

    https://www.marchforourlives.com/

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 22, 2018 - 1:41pm.

    Listen to the NRA's Wayne LaPierre.
    I'm off to buy another gun to protect my constitutional rights. It's not a bad thing because returns on gun investments are higher than real estate; plus the guns help me protect my real estate.

    https://youtu.be/c28m509r3jg

    Submitted by outtamojo on February 22, 2018 - 1:48pm.

    cvmom wrote:
    outtamojo wrote:

    I hope they organize a national walk out day.

    https://www.marchforourlives.com/

    Some school districts are threatening to punish kids for demonstrating, question is will the parents have their backs?

    Submitted by outtamojo on February 22, 2018 - 1:49pm.

    FlyerInHi wrote:
    Listen to the NRA's Wayne LaPierre.
    I'm off to buy another gun to protect my constitutional rights. It's not a bad thing because returns on gun investments are higher than real estate; plus the guns help me protect my real estate.

    https://youtu.be/c28m509r3jg

    Throughout that video it was obvious who was the biggest whiniest victim of them all.

    Submitted by FlyerInHi on February 24, 2018 - 11:38am.

    Did you guys notice that when you attend a seminars or conference someone always introduces himself as the safety officer? It’s kinda creepy but it’s the country we live in.

    Teachers when guns and school surrounded by walls. There goes the open campus concept. Where is the money going to come from for the wall and guards?

    Submitted by phaster on February 24, 2018 - 11:46am.

    FlyerInHi wrote:
    Where is the money going to come from for the wall and guards?

    according to POTUS mexico is going to pay for it!

    www.cnbc.com/2018/01/11/trump-claims-mex...

    Comment viewing options

    Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.