McBama: The Long-Awaited Unveiling of The Official Establishment Tool

User Forum Topic
Submitted by partypup on July 16, 2008 - 11:58pm

Okay, if these weren't such dire and desperate times, Obama's recent posturing would be downright comical. He is literally flipping positions more often and with more ease than a FL condo speculator circa 2004.

Is anyone else paying attention to the egregious number of U-turns he has done only TWO MONTHS after cinching the nomination? Whenever I see his smug mug on TV now, chin tilted up like a faux Roman emperor, I just imagine him saying: "You're stuck with me now. What're you going to do? Vote for McCain? F*** off."

A list of McBama's most flagrant Flips (in the past 3 weeks):

1. After vowing to eschew private fundraising and take public financing, he has now refused public money.
2. Once he threatened to filibuster a bill to protect telephone companies from liability for their cooperation with national security wiretaps; now he has voted for the legislation.
3. Turning his back on a lifetime of support for gun control, he now recognizes a Second Amendment right to bear arms in the wake of the Supreme Court decision.
4. Formerly, he told the Israeli lobby that he favored an undivided Jerusalem. Now he says he didn’t mean it.
5. From a 100 percent pro-choice position, he now has migrated to expressing doubts about allowing partial-birth abortions.
6. For the first time, he now speaks highly of using church-based institutions to deliver public services to the poor.
7. Having based his entire campaign on withdrawal from Iraq, he now pledges to consult with the military first.
8. During the primary, he backed merit pay for teachers — but before the union a few weeks ago, he opposed it.
9. After specifically saying in the primaries that he disagreed with Sen. Hillary Clinton’s proposal to impose Social Security taxes on income over $200,000 and wanted to tax all income, he has now adopted the Clinton position.

And watch for this, boys and girls: When gas hits $6/gallon, McBama will flip *surprise!* and support off-shore drilling. Voters wanted "change", right? And he plans to give it to them on a REGULAR basis -- by "changing" his mind every few days.

And as if that's not enough, I wake up this morning and hear that McBama now wants to take the "war on terrorism" to Pakistan??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...

Hello? As if our foreign policy isn't jacked up enough? Let's see...we have a lameduck president who is threatening a country that MAY have a nuke; but now this bonehead wants to go after a country that DEFINITELY has nukes.

This is "change"??

And no, I don't buy the lame arguments about "shrewdly playing to the middle". His isn't playing to the middle, the right, or any side. He is playing to sheer insanity -- appealing only to the NeoCons who still run this joint and the 5,000 or so crackpots in red states who actually think it's "fun" to go to war. Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and possibly Iran -- for crying out loud, not even hardcore Republicans are looking for a 4-front war!! There is no consensus to be had here. This is not a move that BROADENS political appeal -- just like retroactive immunity to telecoms for warrantless wiretapping doesn't play to any voter bloc: "You know, I was on the fence about Obama, but now that I know he'll sell our civil liberties down the river to protect the major phone companies in the war on terror, he's got my vote!!"

We need to face facts: McBama is now officially a part of the military industrial complex.

"No, I most certainly would NOT have attacked Iraq after 9/11! ...But yes, (a) I will continue to give Bush as much money as he needs to continue that pointless war; (b) I will take military action against Iran, if necessary, to make sure they don't threaten Israel; and (c) I will take the fight to Pakistan to search for terrorists -- who, incidentally, all have mailing addresses in Iraq."

Even the dim-witted Dems who support him -- Richardson, Edwards, Biden -- all think this is ludicrous.

And word on the Beltway is that McBama's arrogance is even starting to piss off those in his own party.

"Privately, however, there is a different message coming from some Democratic quarters on the Hill and on K Street. Some Democratic leadership staffers complain that, having defeated the vaunted Clinton political machine in the primaries, the Obama campaign now feels a “sense of entitlement” that leads to “arrogance.”

One Democratic aide, speaking on the condition of anonymity, compared the Obama campaign unfavorably to President Bush’s administration. *GASP! SURPRISE!*

“At least Bush waited until he was in the White House before they started ignoring everybody,” the aide said."

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?u...

If I were a McBama supporter, I'd get a refund on my donation(s).

Black people foolishly think his nomination and election will be a proud day for our race. Well, it won't be the first time the we were taken in and fooled by one of our own, simply because of their skin color.

Can you say "O.J."?

Alas...Jesse Jackson was right. This man is not to be trusted. And he will take us straight to hell, with a flash of his pearly white teeth and a folksy grin.

Hope you enjoy the ride!

Submitted by PCinSD on July 21, 2008 - 4:23pm.

Marion,

I don't think I've every "ganged" up on you. In fact, I'm fairly confident that I can find many other posters who have condemned your behavior more often and with greater viciousness than either myself or Nostradamus.

Making threats on this blog is probably a bad move. You have, unfortunately, provided very specific facts about every aspect of your life, including the never-ending saga surrounding your ex-husband. Any resourceful blogger with some time on their hands could most likely gain access to your entire court file. Not something I'd do, but if you piss off the wrong person, who knows what they'll do.

Don't forget you were kind enough to blab attorney-client privileged information on here for all the world to see. If I recall, at least one poster saved that particular thread before you deleted it. Just something to think about while you contemplate posting someone's personal messages to you.

Submitted by Rich Toscano on July 21, 2008 - 4:37pm.

Holy cow.

I just recently happened across this thread and I have to agree with a previous poster's freeway wreck characterization.

Marion, you're banned. Your antics have made for some amusing exchanges in the past, but on this thread you haven't just crossed the line -- you've plunged headlong over it. I'm deleting the last couple posts above as well, because I just don't want that kind of garbage on this site.

Your conduct is, incidentally, astonishingly similar to that of a frequent poster from the past who also ended up as one of this site's very few banned users. I guess I have a type.

In any event, I wish you the best but you are no longer welcome here.

Rich

Submitted by Rich Toscano on July 21, 2008 - 4:51pm.

To everyone else -- reading the forums of late has necessitated a change to the editorial policy.

Up until now, the policy has been that anything goes on the forums.

The new policy is the same as the old policy, except with this addendum: don't abuse the policy.

This is a bit subjective but hopefully it makes sense. Repeated and needless personal attacks and (especially) starting rumors about people's personal lives, ie behavior such as that exhibited by Marion as well as everyone's other favorite banned poster, is obviously an abuse of the hands-off approach.

I will also call out the overly frequent posting of outrageously-titled political threads with the obvious intent to start a fight (take note, jficquette).

I think the hands off policy works well as long as it doesn't get abused. So let's make sure it doesn't get abused any more. Spread the word.

Thanks,
Rich

Submitted by davelj on July 21, 2008 - 5:45pm.

Rich Toscano wrote:
Holy cow.

I just recently happened across this thread and I have to agree with a previous poster's freeway wreck characterization.

Marion, you're banned. Your antics have made for some amusing exchanges in the past, but on this thread you haven't just crossed the line -- you've plunged headlong over it. I'm deleting the last couple posts above as well, because I just don't want that kind of garbage on this site.

Your conduct is, incidentally, astonishingly similar to that of a frequent poster from the past who also ended up as one of this site's very few banned users. I guess I have a type.

In any event, I wish you the best but you are no longer welcome here.

Rich

How did I miss this entire thread? And Marion gets banned? Well, all things considered, I guess I should have seen that coming. Oh well... buh bye, Marion. It was real (well, sort of real).

Submitted by jficquette on July 21, 2008 - 6:04pm.

Rich Toscano wrote:
To everyone else -- reading the forums of late has necessitated a change to the editorial policy.

Up until now, the policy has been that anything goes on the forums.

The new policy is the same as the old policy, except with this addendum: don't abuse the policy.

This is a bit subjective but hopefully it makes sense. Repeated and needless personal attacks and (especially) starting rumors about people's personal lives, ie behavior such as that exhibited by Marion as well as everyone's other favorite banned poster, is obviously an abuse of the hands-off approach.

I will also call out the overly frequent posting of outrageously-titled political threads with the obvious intent to start a fight (take note, jficquette).

I think the hands off policy works well as long as it doesn't get abused. So let's make sure it doesn't get abused any more. Spread the word.

Thanks,
Rich

Rich,

I am not trying to start a fight. I am sharing information that most people here never see because they get their news from the MSM.

If you will take the time to read my posts you will find that the people who disagree with me are the ones who do the name calling and use the vulgar language.

John

Submitted by surveyor on July 21, 2008 - 6:34pm.

figures

You know, it's so typical. I actually get some decent work done this morning and afternoon, and then check into piggington, and I miss the smackdown of marion. =sigh=

I need a piggington tivo.

Submitted by Rich Toscano on July 21, 2008 - 7:01pm.

jficquette wrote:

I am not trying to start a fight. I am sharing information that most people here never see because they get their news from the MSM.

If you will take the time to read my posts you will find that the people who disagree with me are the ones who do the name calling and use the vulgar language.

Your last post linked to the WSJ opinion page -- how is that not MSM? Anyone who wants to read the WSJ is capable of doing so on their own. (And btw the post before that one, the global warming one, was a link to a hoax as far as I can tell).

I didn't accuse you of calling people names, but of stirring the pot and trying to get people riled. I find it hard to believe that you come here to a housing (not political) site and post the stuff you do, with the frequency you do, if you aren't looking for a fight.

On that note, you are arguing with me right now, and I'm really not interested. Like I said, the "don't abuse the policy" policy is subjective in nature, and right or wrong the above represents my subjective opinion. As such I'm requesting that you tone it down in the future.

Thanks,
Rich

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.