San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Expected and unexpected consequences of autonomous cars and trucks
User Forum Topic
Submitted by teaboy on August 3, 2018 - 4:11pm
What are your predictions on the short and long term effects of autonomous car and trucks?
1. Will fewer people go to stores since autonomous trucks can roaming your neighborhood selling you stuff right on your doorstep? Or will more people go to stores since it's easier to hail an autonomous cab to get there and people want to get out of the house?
2. Should I invest in go-kart companies? Will there be a surge in real life go-kart tracks or full size auto race tracks for folks who miss the thrill of driving? Or will VR move to fill that need? Or will the thrill/desire of driving disappear as newer generations grow up without knowing or wanting to know how to drive?
3. Will motorbikes get more or less popular?
4. Will houses and real estate in the boonies appreciate in value quicker than those downtown, due to a quicker and more convenient commute?
5. Will garage conversions to a bedroom or living space mean more people living in the same size houses? Does that mean a higher percentage of multi-generational households?
just some of the random thoughts keeping me from doing something more useful this Friday...
~Active forum topics~