San Diego Housing Market News and Analysis
Evacuee's, please make sure to bring the following
User Forum Topic
Submitted by Coronita on October 22, 2007 - 10:14pm
My daughter and I evacuated carmel valley. And just arrived safe in LA, staying with my folks.
I did not receive a reverse 911 call, but was told by news and neighbors to evacuate. Fortunately, I planned early this morning, so it was just a matter of getting in the car (minus losing my keys in the process...later found in the car).
I would recommend everyone to start packing your belongings in your car just in case.
1) Pictures. You can't replace them.
2) Computer, or hard drive. Because you can't replace the data.
3) Legal documents (deeds, marriage certs, etc). I forgot mine, though I think replacements can be obtained at the county clerk
4) Any medicine you need especially if you or your family has a respritory issue.
5) Passports/ valid id's, insurance docs, etc.
While CV is currently not in direct threat, i believe fire has extended all the way into fairbanks ranch. So be prepared.
I wish everyone the best of luck and safety. I am no longer in SD for the time being, cand have no further updates to share.
~Active forum topics~