Charles Schwab just dropped trading commissions to $0

User Forum Topic
Submitted by flu on October 1, 2019 - 10:47am

Submitted by The-Shoveler on October 1, 2019 - 2:19pm.

Not big into trading these days (maybe 20 years ago LOL).

But it seems they must be making something off the transaction.

Submitted by flu on October 1, 2019 - 5:04pm.

The-Shoveler wrote:
Not big into trading these days (maybe 20 years ago LOL).

But it seems they must be making something off the transaction.

They make money with all the accounts with sizeble deposits.

Submitted by OwnerOfCalifornia on October 2, 2019 - 9:12am.

TD Ameritrade just matched, as expected:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/td-amerit...

Submitted by spdrun on October 2, 2019 - 9:15am.

They're making money off of either margin fees or not giving the most favorable buy/sell prices. Possibly both. I'd honestly rather pay a commission and get the most favorable prices than have the fees be hidden and non-transparent.

Submitted by flu on October 2, 2019 - 10:19am.

spdrun wrote:
They're making money off of either margin fees or not giving the most favorable buy/sell prices. Possibly both. I'd honestly rather pay a commission and get the most favorable prices than have the fees be hidden and non-transparent.

Lol... Unless you have several millions or your family does, you will never get the most favorable prices....

Folks with a large account or with family with a large family account always gets placed at the front of the queue. Doesn't matter unless you day trade.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 2, 2019 - 11:28am.

flu wrote:
spdrun wrote:
They're making money off of either margin fees or not giving the most favorable buy/sell prices. Possibly both. I'd honestly rather pay a commission and get the most favorable prices than have the fees be hidden and non-transparent.

Lol... Unless you have several millions or your family does, you will never get the most favorable prices....

Folks with a large account or with family with a large family account always gets placed at the front of the queue. Doesn't matter unless you day trade.

Vanguard has a long list of fee free ETFs

Submitted by outtamojo on October 2, 2019 - 5:15pm.

OwnerOfCalifornia wrote:
TD Ameritrade just matched, as expected:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/td-ameritrade-joins-party-cuts-232459946.html

I am holding out for a free toaster.

Submitted by scaredyclassic on October 3, 2019 - 8:38am.

outtamojo wrote:
OwnerOfCalifornia wrote:
TD Ameritrade just matched, as expected:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/td-ameritrade-joins-party-cuts-232459946.html

I am holding out for a free toaster.

Toast really is one of the best dishes one can make

Submitted by flu on October 12, 2019 - 7:36am.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.