Buying a house with a cracked slab

User Forum Topic
Submitted by treehugger on January 20, 2020 - 8:00pm

We are looking to buy a house that has a cracked slab. We are working with listing agent and homeowner who already has several “repair” estimates. I would like to bring in my own expert and wondering if anyone has any experience with this and has any recommendations?

What we know so far is there was an addition to the house that changed the roofline and affected the roof runoff, no drainage or gutters were ever installed so the ground remained wet leading to a subsidence on one side and a crack running about 4-6 inches in from the outer wall on the one back side of the house.

The house is a total gut (literally from slab to roof) and we also want to take out walls and need an engineer/architect/general contractor to do all the work.....does anyone have any recommendations?

The home has tons of interest from flippers, so trying to conduct our due diligence just in case we get the house.