The Donald Trump, Illegal Alien, Foreigner, Immigrant Bitch and Moan Thread

User Forum Topic
Submitted by Coronita on June 22, 2016 - 7:13am

Submitted by FlyerInHi on July 5, 2016 - 1:44pm.

BG, how do you tie your concerns to Brexit and the Trump phenomenon? What is so good about Trump?

I'm the opposite of you, I want more immigrants, more multiculturalism, more freedom of travel. I like globalization.

Submitted by no_such_reality on July 5, 2016 - 2:58pm.

deadzone wrote:
Which goes back to my point, the illegals using California schools are a far bigger problem than the border crossers. Sure it is illegal for border crossers to use our schools and I get your frustration. But it is also illegal for non American without a green card to reside in the U.S. in the first place. There are exponentially more of these kids than there are border crossers in South Bay as well as everywhere.

Sure Southbay also gets the double whammy of the border crossers too, but even in S. Bay I guarantee you that there are way more illegals/anchors in your schools than there are border crossers.

Actually, illegal or not is pretty much irrelevant. The simple math is at 2 or 3 kids, the vast majority of taxpayers that complain continuously about their taxes are hard pressed to even cover the cost of their kid being in school.

Whether you're a citizen or illegal, the median home price of $505K doesn't cover a single kids hit in school. (Luckily, they're only in school for 13 years).

If married your income tax doesn't add up to squat, at $100K Taxable income (after deductions), it's $4291 in tax.

Suffice to say, the 80% aren't covering the cost of having their kids in school.

Submitted by Coronita on July 5, 2016 - 6:30pm.

deadzone wrote:
Translation for FLU: Even if you successfully closed the loopholes which allowed border crossers, South Bay public schools would still suck.

So, let me understand....

1. Illegals and border crossing kids are a problem for south bay areas like Chula Vista...Because they are taking away resources from public schools.
2. Because of illegals and border corssing kids, schools in the south bay areas like Chula Vista suck, and because schools in the south bay suck, so do property values in the south bay like Chula Vista.
3. But then there's an argument that there are really good top notch schools in Chula Vista.
4. But then if there are really good schools doing well in Chula Vista, then apparently border crossing kids and illegals aren't really affecting the education quality of schools in south bay areas like Chula Vista.

So which is it?

Submitted by SK in CV on July 5, 2016 - 8:29pm.

flu wrote:
So which is it?

If you don't like brown people, tacos are a really big problem.

Submitted by deadzone on July 5, 2016 - 10:31pm.

flu wrote:
deadzone wrote:
Translation for FLU: Even if you successfully closed the loopholes which allowed border crossers, South Bay public schools would still suck.

So, let me understand....

1. Illegals and border crossing kids are a problem for south bay areas like Chula Vista...Because they are taking away resources from public schools.
2. Because of illegals and border corssing kids, schools in the south bay areas like Chula Vista suck, and because schools in the south bay suck, so do property values in the south bay like Chula Vista.
3. But then there's an argument that there are really good top notch schools in Chula Vista.
4. But then if there are really good schools doing well in Chula Vista, then apparently border crossing kids and illegals aren't really affecting the education quality of schools in south bay areas like Chula Vista.

So which is it?

#1 and #2 are the correct answer.

Perhaps there are some decent schools in South Bay. But at least the perception is that the schools suck. Best evidence of this? Look at the number of non-Filipino Asians attending these schools, almost non-existent. We all know that is the best litmus test.

Submitted by Coronita on July 5, 2016 - 10:42pm.

But my question is the following. If Chula Vista is really a dump with schools that suck, then wouldn't the level of suckiness being increasingly worse now than before, if we believe that the illegal/border crossers have also exploded more recently?

It seems like looking at the API scores of the past, it's been consistently the same throughout time, irrespective of the change in the number of illegals and border crosses that apparently some have claimed to have significantly increased.

So is there really serious deterioration of the schools in Chula Vista that would even more drastically affect home prices because of increased illegal or boarder crossers?

Submitted by FlyerInHi on July 6, 2016 - 12:19am.

flu wrote:
But my question is the following. If Chula Vista is really a dump with schools that suck, then wouldn't the level of suckiness being increasingly worse now than before, if we believe that the illegal/border crossers have also exploded more recently?

It seems like looking at the API scores of the past, it's been consistently the same throughout time, irrespective of the change in the number of illegals and border crosses that apparently some have claimed to have significantly increased.

So is there really serious deterioration of the schools in Chula Vista that would even more drastically affect home prices because of increased illegal or boarder crossers?

No. Because Trump will build a beautiful tall wall to protect us and deport unauthorized immigrants. The free market in its infinite wisdom has priced all that information into housing.

Submitted by bearishgurl on July 6, 2016 - 8:52am.

flu wrote:
But my question is the following. If Chula Vista is really a dump with schools that suck, then wouldn't the level of suckiness being increasingly worse now than before, if we believe that the illegal/border crossers have also exploded more recently?

It seems like looking at the API scores of the past, it's been consistently the same throughout time, irrespective of the change in the number of illegals and border crosses that apparently some have claimed to have significantly increased.

So is there really serious deterioration of the schools in Chula Vista that would even more drastically affect home prices because of increased illegal or boarder crossers?

No, there hasn't been any deterioration of our schools' overall performance. This is due to our wonderful, infinitely patient, very experienced and dedicated teachers, a large portion whom are eligible for retirement today or will be in the coming few years. But the presence of thousands of "daily border-crossing students" attending our public schools IS and HAS BEEN for DECADES using up our district resources, which could be better deployed to enrich the educations of those who have a right to attend our schools and also whose parents are paying through the nose in local property taxes (including exorbitant MR).

You're apparently still getting "illegals" and "border-crossing students" mixed up here, flu. You're obviously still confused about the two and there IS a HUGE difference. "Illegals" undoubtedly exist in your area as well as all other Piggs' areas (except possibly those who reside in "protected" covenants, such as Fairbanks Ranch and RSF). "Illegals" likely work inside the covenant(s) but they don't reside there unless they are living as a guest or guest worker inside someone's home. "Illegals" also live in every county of this state (some much moreso than others) and their children have every right to attend school in those counties IF their parents can prove they have a bona-fide address (or in some cases, an employer affiliation and reside on the employer's land in mobile homes) to their respective public school districts.

As a matter of fact, flu, as late as the early nineties, your particular micro-area housed the largest migrant camp of "illegals" in the entire state! It took SDPD a total of almost six years to completely clean it out and evict all the occupants!

We in South County are very well located, unlike the far-flung lizardland communities. Yes, the international border is close by but you can't take away its extremely convenient location to all that SD has to offer. Location, location, location (as they say in RE parlance) is what fuels RE values. We (and our sister-hybrid community "Bonita") are NOT freeway dependent in any way, shape or form. Especially for those South County residents who live 8-12 miles from the border and don't have to duke it out every workday with tens of thousands of commuters residing in CV's three later-annexed-in zip codes situated southeast of the city. Thus, SD South County's RE values have and will remain stable (except for IB near the beach, which is subject to more of a boom/bust market due to sewage from Mexico intermittently washing up on its beaches).

Lots of people who "can't qualify" to buy anything in South County end up in the far reaches of SD East County or North County lizardland communities ... or even Temecula (RIV Co). It is what it is.

Submitted by svelte on July 6, 2016 - 5:15pm.

no_such_reality wrote:
svelte wrote:

Calif schools also get funding from property taxes, which immigrants, illegal or not, are paying through the homes they lease - part of their rent goes to pay the owner's property tax.

While they might contribute some property tax, California spends $45 billion in general funds, roughly $7200 per pupil. With Federal funding, that rises to $76 billion, that rises to $12,100 per pupil.

I seriously doubt said children's families are living in $1.25 million dollar homes to cover the cost of a single child. Let alone more than one child or any other services.

Hoo Boy. You sure you went to school yourself?

You have made the assumption that there is a 1 to 1 ratio of illegal immigrant adults to illegal immigrant schoolkids to arrive at your $1.25M figure. Error 1. There are many adults here without kids, and many adults with multiple kids. What the final math is is unclear, but 1 to 1 is unlikely.

You assume that California schools are paid for my property taxes alone in arriving at your $1.25M figure. Error 2.

It appears to me that you are doing as many people do - using assumptions and innuendo to buttress a position you took before knowing the facts.

Submitted by njtosd on July 6, 2016 - 6:37pm.

no_such_reality wrote:
svelte wrote:

Calif schools also get funding from property taxes, which immigrants, illegal or not, are paying through the homes they lease - part of their rent goes to pay the owner's property tax.

While they might contribute some property tax, California spends $45 billion in general funds, roughly $7200 per pupil. With Federal funding, that rises to $76 billion, that rises to $12,100 per pupil.

I seriously doubt said children's families are living in $1.25 million dollar homes to cover the cost of a single child. Let alone more than one child or any other services.

Even assuming your analysis to be correct - most of the people on this board (from what I have seen of their descriptions) also don't live in $1.25 million homes. So where does that leave you? With childless homeowners arguing that they should not be taxed to support the schools that they don't use? It's sort of the same situation - or maybe only people with kids in school should pay for the schools (?)

Submitted by no_such_reality on July 6, 2016 - 8:11pm.

No, I can do math quite well. I don't really have a skin in the game of illegal or not, it's a distraction, IMHO. As I said, most taxpayers that have kids really aren't even paying enough to pay for their kids to go to school.

It's like the UC system admission discussion. bickering over 10% foreign students because California kids can't get in. Again, simple math. If you want California kids to be able to get into UC with a B average in high school like in the 1960s, you just need to restore funding to the UC system like the 1960s based on Cali having 600k students a year now.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.